Chapter 3: Love Exists in Hell Alone- Investigation (Ren)

I woke up again this morning to Monokuma's new morning announcement.

Sighing, I sat up in the bed, and following me, Zoey did as well.

"Good morning, Ren.." Zoey said, and yawned.

"Morning, Zoey." I responded, then got up.

After we both got dressed and ready, we left our room and went out into the main room.

In the main room, everyone but Nao, Malachi and Eri were already there.

"Morning everyone!" Zoey said.

"Hi, Zoey, Ren." Atsuki said.

"Nao probably wants to stay in his room again, huh?" I said.

"He sure is mysterious..." Amaya said.

"And Malachi and Eri are late again, huh?" Cassius sighed. "They better hurry up."

"Wh-Why do you think they're l-late?" Masa asked.

And then, as if on cue, is when we heard a loud scream of agony.

"What the hell?" Cassius said.

"That... It came from Malachi's room!" Emma said.

Once Emma said that, I instictively ran to Malachi and Eri's room and turned the doorknob to open it to see what was wrong.

But the knob wouldn't turn. It was locked.

I slammed my fist on the door. "Malachi! Eri! Are you okay?! Someone answer the door!"

There was a complete silence for a while, but then finally, I saw the doorknob slowly move, and then heard a small click.

Then, the doorknob slowly turned and the door opened slowly.

And once it was open, there stood a bloody Malachi, with a blank stare in his eyes. He didn't have an expression. Just blank. Empty.

"Malachi, what..." I started.

"Where's Eri?" Emma asked.

Malachi didn't answer. He just stared.

"Maybe check inside...?" Spencer suggested.

"Y-Yeah, c'mon!" Emma said, and rushed into the room, and Cassius followed behind her. Malachi didn't react to them at all.

What followed them entering was a small yelp
from Emma. "E-Eri!"

After hearing Emma, I ran into the room.

And inside the room was where we saw Eri, bloody and still in the bed.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"A body has been discovered!" Monokuma's voice rang through the speakers of the screen he appeared on. "After a certian amount of time, the class trial will begin! Until then, you are free to investigate the crime! See you soon!" Monokuma got off.

After that, everyone else, except Nao, came in, and I saw Malachi walk slowly back into the room, and he faced Eri, and just stared.

"E-Eri..." Masa spoke softly.

"Someone killed Eri too...?" Spencer said. "So... We should investigate then."

"Why investigate?" Cassius scoffed. "The killer is already obvious."

"What do you mean?" Zoey asked.