Chapter 4: The Masquerade's Final Act- Class Trial- Part 2 (Malachi)

"Wh-What? Kisho wasn't a killer?" Masa asked.

"Don't be fucking stupid!" Cassius yelled. "Are you honestly going to state that Kisho wasn't the killer of Yudai and Bahira?"

"That's what Amaya wrote in her notebook. She had a feeling Kisho wasn't the killer, and investigated the theater over and over. She must have found out last night when she was killed." I said.

"What makes you so sure that Kisho wasn't the killer, then?" Cassius asked.

"I think... I finally understand why the killer covered Bahira's body with glitter..." I said. "The glitter was put on as planted evidence. It wasn't needed at all, but it would have let us known that the person in the suit was Bahira's killer, and if Ren came out and said it was his blackmailer, who he thought was Kisho, then we would have convicted Kisho. It just didn't come into play because the killer also had to kill Yudai for seeing them." I explained.

"So the killer just put glitter on Bahira to link it directly to the suit?" Spencer asked.

"Then that must be why they also had the fact they were going to kill two people on their note, huh? So we would know it was Ren's blackmailer?" Zoey asked.

"B-But I made Kisho's second outfit... I'm sure it was Kisho..." Ren said.

"I think Kisho was just another pawn who didn't suspect he was going to be killed. So he must have been disguised as someone else before he came to us, or maybe he wasn't there. Because you know, Cassius never came to the play." I said.

"You motherfu-" Cassius started.

"And the only reason the killer's plan for getting Kisho was because Ren burnt the clothes without the killer wanting him to. Ren told me himself he did it on his own." I said.

"So that's why..." Ren said. "Dammit... I wasn't even a help..."

"So I really helped the killer by confessing that I saw Kisho...?" Nao said. "Dammit... That must have been the killer in disguise... They must have done that just in case..."

"S-So why would the killer do all of that? Wh-Why would they m-make S-Setsuko kill W-Waffle, and then k-kill B-Bahira and Y-Yudai, make K-Kisho be executed for it, and then m-make E-Emma k-kill Eri...?" Masa asked.

"Perhaps we should review the motives?" Atsuki suggested.

"Well, the motive for the murder of Bahira and Yudai was the play, wasn't it?" Zoey asked. "But why's that?"

"The play was mainly about trying to save the king's lover, the queen, from evil." I said.

"And the love hotel was for Eri's murder." Spencer said.

"According to Monokuma, that place was supposed to stimulate love between us, right?" Ren said.

"A-And the first motive were the m-motive videos..." Masa said.

"Where someone we cared about died..." Atsuki said.

"If I had to guess..." Nao spoke up, "I think the real killer was jealous. Jealous that everyone else had someone to care for. Think about it, Bahira and Eri both loved Malachi, Emma loved Masa, and Setsuko and Waffle both had motive videos of their sisters dying. In fact, Kisho had that too. And even though Yudai's death was unexpected to the murderer, she still worked because she loved Amaya. Amaya died because she found out too, but she was still strong to carry on." Nao explained. "So I think they were jealous that Setsuko still was determined to find her sister still, and jealous Bahira, Eri and Emma could love."

"Also, each murder had specific targets." I said. "Waffle was first, and he was somewhat our leader in the beginning. The note given to Bahira was to choose between me or her. The one given to Emma was similar, giving her the choice of Eri or I." I said. "So the killer took out Waffle, and then once they realized I could solve the trials, they started going after me, or if not me, the girls who loved me, to make me fall so far that I wouldn't be able to push forward." I explained.