Chapter 1: Pressure to Save Siblings- Class Trial- Part 1 (Malachi)

"The class trial will now start!" Monokuma yelled. "Now then, lets begin with a simple explanation of the class trial. During the class trial, you will present your arguements for who the killer is, and vote for "whodunnit." If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will recieve punishment. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and that person will earn the right to leave the city!"

"So, how should we do this?" Setsuko asked.

"I have an idea!" Emma yelled. "If you're the killer, raise your hand!"

Nobody raised their hand, except Nao, who's arm just shot up, but nobody seemed to notice, or, if they did, they didn't actually care.

"How stupid do you have to be to believe that will work?" Cassius asked.

"Hey guys?" Yudai asked with her hand to her head. "Was blood always hot pink?"

"Anyways," Waffle spoke up. "We should stay on topic and start discussing the murder."

"How should we begin, then?" Masa asked.

"First off, we should discuss how the victim was killed, but afterwards, we should find out who they are." Atsuki said.

"Alright, then our discussion begins now." Waffle said.

"To start, we found the victim in the old and abandoned building." Kisho stated.

"And upon finding him... We saw a knife in his chest..." Zoey responded.

"So the knife is the murder weapon.." Nao said.

"And the killer probably got the knife from the restaurant!" Bahira stated.

"But... why were they killed there?" Spencer asked. "Or, perhaps, was the body moved?"

"No, that's wrong!" I yelled. "I'm sure the body wasn't moved, Spencer. There wouldn't be so much blood where the victim was found, and there would have been drag marks somewhere on the path into the building, but that doesn't seem to be the case."

"Malachi appears to be correct." Setsuko said.

"Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that, either." Atsuki nodded.

"Well, then why was the body there? They had to have got there, right?" Spencer asked.

"Hmm... Well, there was a note found on the body." I said.

"There was?" Spencer asked.

"Oh yeah!" Eri spoke up. "There was a note that asked someone to meet them in the restaurant at night. Though, it wasn't signed."

"So, you propose that the victim met with the killer in the restaurant, and then they went to the abandoned building?" Amaya asked.

"Yes." I responded. "For what they were doing in the restaurant, I'm not sure, but I do have one thing drawn from there..."

"What's that, Malachi?" Setsuko asked.

"The victim's handbook was broken, and, according to Monokuma, handbooks can only be broken from high temperatures." I said. "And in the restaurant in the kitchen, there was a pan on the stove and the knobs of the stove had fingerprints on them."