Chapter 2: Do You Have Any Hope, Brother?- Investigation (Amaya)

Yudai...

Yudai...!

YudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYudaiYu-

"Amaya." Someone spoke up.

I opened my watery eyes and look towards the voice... Which belonged to Malachi.

"I'm sorry." Malachi said. "I... I never wanted Yudai or Bahira to die either..."

I whined and kept sobbing.

"But we can't forget what Yudai said." Atsuki spoke up. "Her final request... Was for us to find out who killed her."

"No..." Malachi said. "I think it was more specific than that."

"Huh...?" I spoke softly.

"Amaya... Yudai wanted you to find out who killed her." Malachi answered. "So... I think you should do it. I think you should find the killer."

"Yudai..." I spoke again, and closed my eyes.

Yudai... Believed in me... She wanted me to find her killer...

Yudai... Gave me her hope.

No... I can't just waste her hope on these tears. I have to... I have to do it.

I stood up slowly and wiped my eyes before looking up again.

"Thank you, Malachi." I said. "I understand... I understand that I need to find her killer."

"That's good..." Malachi said.

"I'll go get the others. They should see this too." Atsuki said, and left the room.

"...Malachi." I spoke up.

"Yes, Amaya?" He asked.

"Would you mind... Helping me on the investigation? I know you pretty much solved the first case, so... If I can't solve something... I'd much rather rely on you than someone else." I said.

"...Yeah, I'll help you with the investigation." Malachi said. "Thanks for trusting me."

"Thank you, Malachi." I said.

Atsuki soon returned with everyone else but Cassius, who wasn't here in the first place.

Zoey spoke up first. "No... Yudai too...?"

"Th-This is so cruel..." Eri spoke up.

"D-Does this mean... W-We have to i-investigate again?" Masa asked.

Monokuma appeared. "That's right! And for the first piece of evidence, of course, it's the Monokuma File! They are on your e-Hanbooks for your access! You may now begin your investigation! Upupu~ See you soon!"

"Alright then." Atsuki said. "Let's begin the investigation."

I checked the Monokuma File first. For Bahira, it said that she experienced a stab wound to the chest and a crushed windpipe, and her time of death is unknown. For Yudai... she experienced a stab wound to the chest but did not die instantaniously and she bled out soon after. Her time of death was around seven-thirty a.m., which was about thirty minutes after the play started again.

I looked to Malachi. "Malachi, could we investigate Bahira first?" I asked.

Malachi nodded. "Yeah, of course." He said.

"Thank you..." I responded.

We left the girl's dressing room and went to the stage, where Bahira's body was now on the ground, as well as the rope.