Chapter 4: The Masquerade's Final Act- Investigation (Malachi)

"...No way..." Nao said. "Amaya died...?"

"...Atsuki, can you please get the others?" I asked.

"...Yeah, sure." Atsuki said, and she left.

I stayed silent for a while, staring at Amaya. Soon, I spoke up. "Nao... Can you help me investigate this time around?"

"Huh...? You want me to help you? Why me?" Nao asked.

"Do I really need to answer that? You should know why." I said. "So please?"

"...Alright." Nao said.

Soon after that conversation, Atsuki arrived with everyone else.

"N-No way... A-Amaya is dead...?" Masa asked.

"That's what it looks like..." Spencer said.

"S-So this means..." Zoey started.

Monokuma appeared infront of us. "That's right! Another investigation is happening! Of course, the new Monokuma File is available on your e-Handbooks! Upupu, see you soon!" He said, and disappeared again.

Once Monokuma left, I instinctively pulled out my e-Handbook and checked the Monokuma File. The Monokuma File stated the fatal wound dealt to Amaya was a strike to the back of her head with a blunt object. She was also stabbed two times in her lower abdomen and was inflicted with a bruise on her stomach. Her time of death was at night.

After reading, I checked Amaya's body. She was indeed bleeding from the back of her head, and had a blade stuck into her, right above her pelvis on the right side of her body. The wound where the blade even had two distinct entrances, as if she was stabbed twice in the same area, but not in the exact same position. I lifted her shirt to check her stomach, and she did seem to have a small bruise, dealt directly to the center of her gut. She must have had a hard will to withstand all of this.

I removed the blade from Amaya to see what it was. Upon removing it, I discovered that it was actually the dagger from the play that was used to kill Yudai.

I closed my eyes and sighed, then put the dagger down on the ground and stood up again. Nao came up to me.

"Hey, Malachi." He said. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's just still hard seeing my friends dead..." I said. "But we need to investigate for Amaya's sake."

Nao nodded. "Right."

I turned and looked at the ground. Amaya's guitar was laying there... I looked at it and saw that there was blood on the body of the guitar... So this must have been what was used to hit Amaya's head.

The last thing I noticed at the crime scene was the wooden bench on the side of the court that we sat on two days ago. It had collapsed, broken down the middle, and had blood on it. I wonder if Amaya fell here first? But then why would the killer need to move her body only a few feet?

"You think there's anything else here, Malachi?" Nao asked me.

"No, I don't think so." I responded. "I think we should go investigate Amaya's room. There might be something there."

"Alright. Let's go, then." Nao said, and we left together to Amaya's room at the hotel.

We walked in and looked around, but there didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

I looked down on Amaya's desk and found a notebook. I stopped for a second, but I opened it and began to read it out loud so Nao could hear as well.

The contents were simply just what happened each day in Amaya's perspective. The first day when we met each other, then the second day there was the motive videos. Amaya's video was of her mother being killed, she wrote.