[35] Something I Need

❝ If we only live once,
I wanna live with you...❞

It had been about two weeks or so since everything that happened. I felt weak still, but I was getting stronger. With the help of everyone that I hold dear to my heart. I had been spending every waking moment with Stiles, not wanting to lose another second with him. Today we had a whole trip planned, we were gonna go to San Francisco, walk the golden gate bridge and everything. Kind of just  a well deserved vacation. 

But first there was something I needed to do. 

I slowly knocked on the door before opening it to see Scott sitting on his bed with a sad look on his face. I offered him a small smile, seeing him twirling something in his hands that I instantly recognized as Kira's "tail". Her first one to be exact. I slowly walked over to him, sitting down beside him on his bed as I offered him a small smile. 

"You doing okay?" I asked, knowing how much he was hurting right now. 

After we banished the Beast, Kira had left to New Mexico to be with the Skin Walkers. She had made a deal with them and she had to hold up her end of the bargain now. She needed to do it, Scott was heartbroken of course but she promised she would be back. And in doing so, she left him with her "tail". It was a huge deal and it signified that she would indeed be back. But still, Scott was heartbroken and I just wanted to make sure he was doing okay before I left on my trip with Stiles. 

"How'd you do it?" Scott whispered, making me look at him slightly confused. 

"Do what, exactly?" I asked, slightly confused. I was getting kind of worried now, more than I should be, because of the look on Scott's face and the way his heartbeat was sounding. He sounded scared, defeated. I didn't understand why though since we had won yet again. 

"Survive?" Scott said, his voice sounding broken as he looked at  me with a sad look on his face. "I--..I don't know anyone who's lost more than you. But you survived it. Y-you're still here, you're still fighting even after everything.

I felt my heart break, listening to the sound  of Scott's voice and seeing the heartbroken look on his face as he twirled Kira's "tail" in his hands. I took a deep breath, trying to keep my tears in my eyes as I reached over and held Scott's hand in my own. Scott looked over at me as I offered him a small smile before offering my advice. "You'll survive it too. Everyone thinks they won't survive something until they have no choice but to survive." I reminded Scott while rubbing comforting circles in his palm. "Now, you know me. I've always been an advocate for survival, whatever the costs. But--..you helped show me a better way. I know now that life is more than just surviving, and while survival is crucial...it's far more easy to do when you have something worth surviving for." 

Scott squeezed my hand in his while he tried offering me a small smile but I was not convinced. And I knew what was troubling him most of all, it was not the death that was having weigh on his good true alpha heart... it was the other pull and weight on his heart. 

"And Kira's not gone forever..." I reminded Scott, smiling at him. "She'll be back and you two will get the happy ending you both deserve. And when she does come back and you two get married, I'm gonna give the best speech ever. You're going to love my speech, I'll even mention this moment and how you're basically almost crying. I know it's gonna be a sad for bit, perhaps a little lonely but in the  meantime, you've still got Stiles, Lydia..--"