[2] Strangers Like Me

"So you're really telling me your summer was just average?" Savannah smirked, walking side by side with Stiles. When Stiles shrugged his shoulders in response, Savannah rolled her eyes before quickly calling him a 'liar'. "Come on, this is the summer before senior year..Did you really do nothing worthwhile?" 

"I wrote you like a Nicholas Sparks book." Stiles half laughed. 

Savannah gave him a look, shaking her head. "I told you to come with me...-" Savannah started saying, feeling guilty. 

"..-don't be. I didn't want to ruin what was a bonding experience for you and Derek..Besides, his invitation was only meant to extend to you..Not the rest of us...And I didn't feel like being a third wheel on your and Derek's love nest adventure around the world." Stiles sighed, making Savannah look at him with an annoyed look. 

"Firs of all you're an idiot because Derek and I aren't together..We decided to just be friends, things are better that way. Second of all, you know it extended to everyone as well..Including you." Savannah said, nudging him with her elbow a little bit. She smiled up at him slightly before looking back down at her feet. "So..you were literally doing nothing at all during summer? Besides writing me?" Savannah smirked, staring into his eyes. "..Come on, there has to be something you did. I mean, I speak only for myself but this has basically been the best summer ever..No one trying to murder us, finally healing both emotionally and physically..So come on, tell me what you did.." 

Stiles smiled a bit to himself, slowly shaking his head while he stared over at Savannah. "Nothing worth mentioning..Just been waiting and counting the days till I saw you again.." Stiles smiled a bit, biting his bottom lip. 

Savannah felt it in her chest when he looked over at her, feeling her face turn red from his words. Walking side by side, staring into his eyes.. She felt. It felt like the first time. She never felt this way about anyone, with anyone she could remember or maybe even not remember. 

Sure she felt a connection and a bond with Derek that no one could compare to but.. but it was different. Derek was attracted and yes she found him that, she looked up to him, cared about him, loved him.. And he was her family now. But love, love..Just like Derek told her before he left Beacon Hills forever.. when she told him that she loved him, he said she didn't..not the way he loved her or the way she loved Stiles. Even though it hurt, Derek wants the best for her and he thinks that's Stiles. 

Because it's always gonna be Stiles. 

And after avoiding it for so long.. Savannah is finally starting to see that. 

She was so caught up in her thoughts, she almost tripped but luckily Stiles caught her in time. She gasped, smiling before thanking him. He still held her in his arms, the two staring into each other's eyes. And once again, it was like everything around them slowed down. Like nothing else mattered. 

Even if everything's changed, somethings remain the same. Like the way each of their chest flutters when they see the other, the way Savannah can't help but smile when she sees him, the way Stiles heart rate rises when he sees or thinks of her. There are somethings that remain the same, which is that they'll always look for each other in a crowded room.