[34] Damnatio Memoriae

❝ I know you have a little life in you yet,

I know you have a lot of strength left...❞

At the hospital:

Lydia let out groans, wincing in pain as Scott and Liam helped her sit up in her hospital bed. Scott rubbed comforting circles into Lydia's arm, trying to keep her comfortable despite the tremendous amount of pain she was in. The three of them turned their heads when they heard the door open, Stiles and Ms. McCall walking through it before closing it behind them. 

"Lydia, this is gonna have to stay between us, since I can get fired for it." Ms. McCall said, walking over to stand beside Lydia. Lydia looked a bit worried and confused when Ms. McCall revealed a syringe she was hiding in her sleeve. 

"It's a cortisone shot. It's gonna bring the inflammation down." Scott explained, hearing the spike in Lydia's heartbeat once seeing the needle. 

Lydia nodded her head slightly, groaning as she stretched her arm towards Ms. McCall, preparing herself for the shot. But Ms. McCall shook her head, offering Lydia an apologetic look. "Not there.." Ms. McCall said before moving to pull back Lydia's bandage slightly causing her to wince in pain, explaining how it would work better if injected directly. 

"Oh, yeah, okay, I'm gonna need to leave now." Stiles said, explaining he was queasy when it came to things like this, siting how he was gonna throw up. 

Ms. McCall gave Stiles a look, stretching her hand for him to grab. "No, you're not going anywhere. You're gonna hold her hand." Ms. McCall instructed Stiles. 

Stiles groaned in defeat, walking to grab Lydia's hand in his own so she could squeeze it. "Fine, I'm not leaving but I still might faint or throw up. Or maybe both." Stiles warned them while holding Lydia's hand tight in his own. 

Ms. McCall prepared the syringe, slowly moving towards Lydia's neck until they heard something fall. The four of them looked to see Liam passing out from the sight, Scott going to check on him to make sure he was all right. Ms. McCall warned Lydia this would hurt before injecting the needle into her neck, Lydia wincing in pain before feeling her voice coming back already. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Right now, Stiles, Scott, and Liam were in the tunnels trying to navigate their way. They were trying to locate Sebastien in the tunnels so they could end this. And maybe, so they could get Savannah back. But things were seeming kind of dim for them, especially since Theo attacked them and Lydia was taken away. They needed Lydia to get Savannah back and if she wasn't there, if they couldn't get to her in time... 

they might have to listen to Savannah's request and do whatever they could to stop the Beast..even if it meant killing her. They know she'd gladly make the sacrifice if it meant they would all be okay. And as much as Stiles doesn't want it to end like this, he knows Savannah would never forgive herself if more people got killed from trying to save her.