[4] Walk In The Park

"Why do I get the feeling this kid is a lot tougher than he looks?" Theo asked in an amused voice. 

Savannah still had a protective arm in front of Stiles as Liam stood protectively in front of her. Liam was growling, glaring slightly at Theo, who put his hands up in defense. Savannah soothed Liam, putting a hand on his shoulder and bringing him back to stand by her side. She rubbed circles in his back, glancing back at Theo who had a certain look on his face. 

"Only when we let him off his leash." Stiles responded, the three of them staring at Theo. Savannah kept her hand on Liam's shoulder, standing tall as she stared back at Theo. She was trying to keep Liam in control because if he lost it then she would lose it. And she was terrified of what would happen if she lost it right now. 

Which she thinks would more than likely end in Theo having his throat ripped out. 

Theo laughed a little. "Stiles, we were in little league together. Why are you so suspicious of me?" 

Savannah looked over at Stiles, still holding Liam back while they both exchanged a look. Stiles looked at Savannah for an answer before she slowly nodded her head. Stiles sighed, taking out two folded up papers from his pocket and handing them to Theo. 

"Because of these.. One's a speeding ticket signed by your dad eight years ago. The other one's a signature on a transfer form to Beacon High. They're different." Stiles explained. 

Theo looked between the two papers, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Huh. I guess they do look a little different." Theo said. 

"No, they're totally different. Signed by two different people." Stiles exclaimed. 

Theo laughed slightly. "So my dad's not my dad? Like he's an imposter?" 

"Something like that.." Savannah and Liam backed up Stiles. Because even if Savannah still didn't believe Stiles theory, she couldn't help but notice how suspicious this whole thing was. Especially since they found Theo waiting for them in a tree like a creeper. Like he knew he was being followed.. 

"Who do you think I am? Do you want me to give you a DNA sample or something?" Theo questioned folding the papers back. 

"No. I don't have anything from fourth grade to match it to." Stiles answered. 

Theo stayed quiet at first, looking down at the ground for a second before he started talking again. "You know, Stiles, I came back here for Scott..but i also came back for you..someone like you. Someone who's willing to walk into the woods in the middle of the night to protect his friends. I don't have anyone like that, Scott does. You all do. I know I'm in the right place. I'm meant to be here. I'm meant to be a part of this pack." 

Savannah just stayed quiet, sighing to herself. "Sorry about this..but you should go now, Theo..before things get more out of hand..and I'm sorry about your sister.." Savannah said, Theo nodding in response before Savannah, Stiles, and Liam walked away. 

///////////////////////////////////////////////

The three of them were walking in the woods, there was silence between all of them. While they were walking, Savannah stuffed her hands into her pockets before glancing over towards Stiles. Stiles noticed the look she was giving him, sighing. 

"Just say it.." Stiles said, giving the look right back at Savannah. 

She chewed on the inside of her lip, looking at Liam. "Liam, do you mind giving us a minute? Things might get a little rough..." She asked, Liam nodding his head and walking further ahead. She let out a small sigh, turning towards Stiles. "What's that saying..when you assume you make an ass out of you and me?" Savannah commented, crossing her arms in front of her chest.