[3] Trust Issues

"I was skating in a neighbor's empty pool trying to do a handplant. Nobody was home. I'm not that good of a skateboarder but I guess I was feeling pretty determined because I completely lost track of time. I didn't even realize it was night until the yard lights came on." Theo said, sighing to himself. 

Right now, Stiles and Scott somehow managed to track Savannah down and corner her before they explained to her that they were going to get Theo's werewolf turning story. Which Savannah thought was a good idea to hear his story, but she also reminded Stiles that he can't go around accusing people without evidence. 

"Like I said, I wasn't very good..On my last try I went down and hit hard. Really hard. I was sitting there at the bottom of the pool and I realized something..I never heard the board come back down. And when I looked up, it was a man standing there holding it in his hands. Except his hands weren't regular human hands, they looked like claws from an animal and there was blood on them. He stared down at me with his glowing red eyes and then before I knew it, he came at me fast. I barley had a chance to turn around before it bit me...right here." Theo said, pointing to his lower left side. 

Savannah had her arms crossed in front of her chest, glancing over at Scott. "Well, it wasn't an accident. He wanted to turn you." Scott explained to Theo. 

But before anyone could say anything, Stiles stepped in. "Right. So why aren't you a part of his pack then?" Stiles questioned Theo. Stiles cross his own arms in front of his chest, resting against the locker right next to Savannah. 

Savannah glanced up at Stiles, giving him a warning look before she turned her attention back to Theo. "Stiles' is right..Why didn't he come back for you?" Savannah slowly asked Theo. After all, if they insisted on getting information.. they should try a gentler touch rather than beat it out of him. 

"Because by the time of my first full moon, he was dead." Theo answered. 

"How do you know that?" Stiles asked. 

"I met another one of his pack a couple weeks later. He told me the Alpha that bit me was killed by two of his own betas. They were twins." Theo answered. 

As soon as Theo finished explaining, Stiles and Scott exchanged a look. In Stiles mind, Theo's story just seemed a bit too convenient. It was almost like he fabricated it to the right exact detail so Scott wouldn't question him too much. And all though, Savannah didn't quite understand why Stiles was so suspicious, she trusted his judgement.. even if it could be flawed. 

Theo looked at the three of them, noticing the looks on all their faces. Which would answer his own question. "You don't believe me." Theo asked, turning his attention towards Scott. "Scott, listen to my pulse. I'm telling you the truth." Theo defended himself. 

"Right. Or you just know how to steady your heart rate while you're lying your ass off." Stiles said, gesturing towards Theo. Savannah kicked herself off the wall, arms still in front of her chest while she stood next to Stiles.

"Why would I lie?" Theo asked Stiles.