[9] The Downward Spiral

Savannah tried sleeping that night but all she did was stare at the ceiling. Stiles had called her, but when she tried talking all she heard was his heavy breathing before quickly being hung up on. As she tried calling him back, he didn't answer. She assumed he just butt dialed her but she couldn't help but wonder in the back of her mind if it was something worse.. She wanted nothing more than for it to be just a simple mistake, nothing bad was happening to him..

But she didn't want to take that chance.

So she called someone she thought would be able to help.

"I don't know why I'm calling you exactly but...I need to ask a favor." Savannah sighed into her phone, closing Lydia's door and stepping away so she wouldn't wake the sleepy red head. After getting released, Savannah brought Lydia back to their place to look after her. Lydia was already asleep from the pain medicine they gave her to take three times a day and a stronger one at night to help her sleep.

"Ask away. You know I'd do anything for you beautiful." She could practically hear Theo's smirk from the other end of the phone, rolling her eyes to herself while trying to hide the obvious smile on her face.

"Now is so not the time Raeken." Savannah half laughed before quickly getting back to what she actually called him for. "Enough with the flirting, I need you to go check on something for me."

"And you can't because...?" Theo asked, waiting for the reason.

Savannah rolled her eyes again. "Because Lydia just got home and I'm looking after her. I don't want to leave her alone but Stiles isn't answering his phone..Will you please just go see if he's still at the library? I told him to go home but I just have this feeling something happened..Please...I can't sleep unless I know he's okay and not getting himself killed."

"Sure. I'll text you if I find him at the school." Theo said while Savannah thanked him before hanging up. She brought her hand to her mouth, pacing back and forth while waiting for Theo to text her with any information.

It seemed like hours until Savannah's phone went off, her grabbing it to look at it almost instantly. It was a text from Theo. She quickly scanned the text, reading how Theo said Stiles wasn't at the library and was probably already home asleep. She quickly thanked Theo before trying to call Stiles one last time but when he didn't answer, she resulted to spamming him with texts.

After the seventeen text, Stiles finally replied with saying he was asleep and didn't hear his phone. Savannah sighed in relief, making sure he was okay before she herself could finally get some rest. After all, it had been one hell of a night..

//////////////////////////////////////////////

The next morning, Savannah was walking through the hallway with Lydia when they heard Malia calling after them. They turned around, looking at her confused before asking her what she was doing.

"Here, you might want to look at this." Malia said, handing the book over to Savannah. Savannah's eyes went wide when she saw the cover and the title of the book.

"The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon"
She stared at the book, seeing the three masked faces on the cover that she saw in the basement the day she killed Tracy.

Savannah instantly nodding her head, handing the book over to Lydia. "That's them..the three masked people I saw at the station and we all saw yesterday at the club." Savannah sighed, rubbing her forehead as she felt a headache coming on. It was like hearing the Dread Doctors names or what they were officially calling the masked people instantly gave her a headache. She didn't understand why or how but she also knew that this was no time to be having one of these attacks or whatever. Especially when they all had to be focused on the issue at hand.