[5] Night Terror

"Do you get some weird vibe from Theo?" Savannah asked Lydia while she took a seat across from her at the kitchen table. 

After leaving Theo at the graveyard, Savannah came back home to find Lydia studying at the kitchen table. Savannah lightly scooted a bottle of water to Lydia, putting her elbows on the table and staring at her. Ever since encountering Theo at the graveyard, Savannah couldn't shake this feeling from him. It was strange, something familiar yet she couldn't put her finger on it. 

"I think that's because you might be developing a little crush no the new werewolf." Lydia smirked at Savannah, breaking her from her thoughts. 

Savannah laughed slightly, rolling her eyes. "That's not what is happening.." Savannah tried telling Lydia, who only gave her a smirk in return. "Oh, come on, don't give me that look. Sure Theo's good looking and so far proven he's a great guy with a damn near perfect smirk but..." Savannah started saying, slowly stopping as she looked away. 

"..He's not Stiles." Lydia smiled lightly, setting her pen down. "And it's understandable..what you two had, it was something that is only ever written about..what you two had was something so powerful and something that doesn't normally exist..even after all the times apart, your love never faulted. It only kept growing stronger and stronger, you would never be able to let him go..And that's what a first love is, it's the one person you'll never be able to let go of even if you've convinced yourself you've moved on..But sometimes it's better to move on. I mean, I want you to be happy and you deserve that..you shouldn't be alone because you think there's no one else.." 

"It's not that..it's not even about Stiles, it's about Theo..it's just..-I don't know, there's just something about him I can't shake.." Savannah said, shrugging her shoulders while looking down at her hands. 

"Tell me what happened." 

"I went to visit my parent's graves, place some flowers and just try to feel less crappy than I normally do..-just trying to not completely fall apart..And then Theo showed up and it was like something changed.." Savannah sighed, chewing on the inside of her cheek to keep herself from crying. She tried her best to focus on the conversation at hand instead of how today was a constant reminder of the worst day of her life. "Theo, he..-ummm he wanted to leave some flowers at his sister's grave and I don't know..it was kind of weird. I can't describe it but it was like when he touched me, his hand in mine and talked to me..I felt this sudden familiar sensation but just can't put my finger on it. He didn't do anything to prove he can't be trusted, he didn't do anything wrong actually..But it's like when he talked to me, touched my hand that I suddenly felt..I don't know, less alone? Theo's a strange one but we talked about something that I really needed to talk about today.."  

Lydia looked confused, leaning forward and holding Savannah's hand in her's. "What do you mean? If there's ever anything you need to talk about, anything..you know you can talk to me, right?" Lydia asked, a small supportive look on her face. 

Savannah sighed, nodding her head. "I know, and thank you but there's just somethings I can't tell you that you'll understand..But it's just today of all days, it's just I finally let it sink in that, it'll always be a constant reminder of the worst day of my life. How no amount of time, it won't get easier and no matter how long it's been or how happy I manage to get..today will always remind me that I'll never be the same and I'll never get to see my family again..that they'll never be able to see me graduate, or go to college, or walk down the aisle, they'll never hold their first grandchild..it just hurts to think of it." 

"Your entire life is not gone, it's just beginning..And I know it hurts but you told me that Derek said there will be moments when it doesn't hurt that much. Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay then it's not the end yet." Lydia reminded her, offering her a small smile. "plus I'll be here to help you with those moments when it won't hurt..Like right now while we do our nails and have a good old fashion girls day."