[22] Status Asthmaticus

Scott and Savannah arrived at the animal clinic with Melissa, carrying the items from the hospital she would need in order to try and help Hayden. Liam looked at them confused, wondering what they were carrying with them as Melissa started setting up.

"What's that?" Liam questioned, seeing Ms. McCall start setting up an I.V. drip and getting a needle ready.

"It's called Chelation Therapy, it removes metals from the blood. The only problem is that it can injure the kidneys and Hayden only has one to begin with.." Ms. McCall explained as she slowly injected the needle into Hayden's hand.

Hayden gasped, groaning in pain as she squeezed her eyes shut. Liam noticed this, snapping as he grabbed Ms. McCall's wrist to stop her. "You're hurting her!" Liam growled, his voice filled with anger.

"And you're hurting me." Ms. McCall said in a calm voice just staring at Liam. Savannah and Scott could hear the slight sound of Ms. McCall's wrist cracking if Liam kept the pressure he had. The two of them glared at Theo, wondering what the hell he thought he was doing.

"Liam, let her go. Now. Before you do something you regret." Savannah said, glaring at the little wolf she was mentoring. But Liam seemed to be getting more and more distant. Ever since the night at the school, and Liam thought her and Scott weren't doing everything to save Hayden..it was like Liam was turning against them.

Liam looked down, not even realizing that he had grabbed Scott's mom's wrist and was hurting her. He looked away, slowly letting go. "Sorry.." Liam quietly apologized as he looked towards Scott and Savannah. After all, they were like parents to him. His supernatural parents basically. He looked up to the two of them and they protected him like he was their own blood. But he's more than that, he's family, he's part of the pack.

Scott and Savannah kept looking at Liam while Theo broke the tension. "Guys, remember we're here to save a life..not kill each other" Theo reminded them. Things seemed to be getting worse, the tension.

"It's the full moon. We can feel it during the day." Scott explained.

"And it's a super moon." Savannah quickly added.

Ms. McCall just looked at them confused. "What's that supposed to make you guys? Like super strong, super aggressive?" Ms. McCall asked.

"Both." Scott and Savannah answered.

After a few awkward minutes and tension between them all, Savannah spoke up. "Come on, let's give Liam and Hayden some time alone..They don't need all us hovering and she needs rest." Savannah said, lightly grabbing Scott's arm and Theo's. "We'll be right outside if you need us." Savannah reminded Liam while the three of them left the room.

They all took seats in the front of the animal clinic, just sitting there and kind of waiting. There wasn't anything any of them could do so they weren't sure what to do right now. After a few moments of silence, Theo broke it.

"You know we're gonna need help with him, right?" Theo asked the two of them, looking back at Liam before turning his attention to them.

"He'll be all right." Scott said, sounding kind of tired and out of it.

Savannah nodded her head. "Scott's right, Liam's a lot stronger than you think. He'll get through this." Savannah said, kind of snapping at Theo, still not forgiving him for trying to turn her against Stiles. She also made a mental note to kick Theo's ass when things calmed down. But she still couldn't bring herself to completely be mad at him.

"He's sixteen and in love. And not just any, first love. Do you remember what that's like?" Theo asked the two of them.

Scott looked sad as he just kept looking forward. "Trust me, I remember.." Scott said quietly, looking down at the ground. Savannah noticed the sadden look on his face and knowing he thought about Allison. Even though Scott loves Kira and he's happy with her, he's moved forward with his life.. It still hurts. Allison was Scott's first love and your first love is someone you can't ever seem to move on from, you'll always love them. And when Allison died, it felt like a part of Scott died with him. She died in his arms, confessing that she always loved him and always would. Scott just felt kind of guilty I guess for moving on with Kira and that was fine but then Allison died. And it just felt like the world was ending.