[19] Surrender

author's note: 

i suggest listening to the song Surrender by Natalie Taylor (MICHAEL AND JANE FEELS FOR YEARS TO COME) to get the feels of this chapter lol hope you all enjoy ;D

-J 

chapter: 

"How you feeling?" Lydia asked Savannah, knocking on her open bedroom door to see Savannah staring at her homecoming dress that was hanging by her mirror. 

Savannah stayed quiet at first, sighing. She shrugged her shoulders, picking up her dress and setting it down on her bed before turning to Lydia. "I don't know..It's been two days and I said yes to Theo about Homecoming..because Stiles hasn't said two words to me since our little fight. I don't know, I think I ruined my chance with him." 

"If there's one thing I'm sure of..it's that you haven't ruined your chances. He loves you. he'll always love you. And Derek was right, there's never going to be a perfect moment to tell him how you feel. You just need to roll the dice and take a chance. You need to stop being afraid." Lydia offered the advice to her best friend, giving her a side hug. 

Savannah smiled, thanking Lydia. "Thanks..I just-..I don't know what to do. Maybe it's nostalgia or something else. I just-..I'm just waiting for a better moment. But let's forget all this sad talk right now and start getting ready for the dance. Help me with my hair?" Savannah asked Lydia, a small smile on her face. 

Lydia let out a laugh, hugging her from behind. "I thought you'd never ask..Your dress is beautiful by the way. It matches your eyes." Savannah thanked Lydia, hugging her back for a couple of seconds and blocking everything else out. Savannah was grateful she had someone like Lydia, as one of her best friends. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Savannah stared at her reflection in the mirror, admiring her dress and makeup and hair that Lydia helped her with

Savannah stared at her reflection in the mirror, admiring her dress and makeup and hair that Lydia helped her with. She smiled lightly, mentally thanking Lydia and noting how it was amazing how Lydia could do it all. She truly was crushing girly girl stereotypes. Suddenly, her thoughts were broken when her phone was going off, indicating she had just received a text message. Savannah walked over to her bed to see that Theo had texted her. 

Theo texted her how he couldn't wait to see how, noting that she was probably going to look even more beautiful in her dress if that was even possible. Savannah laughed, shaking her head at Theo's words. He was a cheeky one. Savannah thought Theo would pick her up, like they do in the movies and all that but Theo said he would meet her at the dance. He said how he needed to pick something up for her and to save him a dance. 

Savannah might have been mad..if anything for the fact that she had something she wanted to do first. She had been thinking about it for the past couple of days and words and advice setting in.. maybe have a chance to do something first..something she's been wanting to do and frankly, needs to.