[11] Better Read Than Twilight

"The important thing to remember is to breathe and keep your hands up." Savannah smiled at Lydia. 

It had been a couple of days since her little melt down where she was obsessed with blood. It was weird, and she frankly doesn't remember all of it. She just remembers breaking down in Theo's arms while he cleaned up the apartment and helped her. Talk about a worst first date. But he helped her and he hadn't said anything so far since none of the others have questioned her. 

And with 24 hour meditation and doubling up on the herbs and tea, she seems to have it under control for now. She was hoping maybe it was a one time slip up, and Eichen's House weird supernatural killer vibe was what caused it. Nothing more... at least she prayed it was nothing more and she wasn't turning into some sort of killing machine or anything. 

So with Theo keeping it quiet about her little melt down, she was also keeping herself distracted with training with Lydia. Lydia had asked her with help in learning to fight, and Savannah couldn't think of a better distraction. 

"Come on, five more." Savannah said, holding up the padded shield while Lydia kept throwing punches. Savannah motioned for her to stop and take a drink of water. Lydia sighed, rubbing her hands through the bandages while taking a drink of water. "Now, what did we forget?" Savannah smirked at Lydia. 

"Keep my wrist straight." Lydia groaned, stretching her arms. 

Savannah nodded, walking towards one of the practice stands she had put in their "training" room. "Why don't we try a bit more self defense like Wing Chun or Aikido. It'll use your opponent's strength against them, which will be perfect for smaller people.  Or there's always Tae Kwon Do, it focuses more on kicking than upper body strength. Your pick." Savannah smiled, putting her hands on her hips and waiting for Lydia's answer. 

"Let's start with the basics and we'll pick up on other more precise styles later. Come on, arms up." Savannah half laughed while Lydia copied her movements. Savannah guided Lydia through it, telling her what to do and different styles. "Make sure you plant your feet, strong foundation equals stronger punch. Now come on, try to hit me." 

The two girls sparred together, Lydia picking up rather well to Savannah's teachings. To what she was quite proud of and was going to brag about later. 

Savannah kept blocking Lydia's attacks, reminding her to keep her arms up and to think light on her feet. Focus more on the feet which most attackers leave vulnerable since they focus on the upper body. Lydia  quickly swiped Savannah's feet, making her go down. Savannah fell to the padded floor, acting like she was hurt. Lydia apologized, going to see if she was hurt but Savannah quickly jumped up, hitting Lydia in the side of the head and pinning her down. 

Savannah smirked at Lydia, raising an eyebrow. "What did we forget again?" She teased.

"Forgot to keep my arms up.." Lydia groaned. 

"And to never under estimate your enemy. It's them who should under estimate you. But it's fine, you're doing good. Practice makes perfect but you're learning fast. Derek and Scott will be jealous when they hear I'm surpassing them when it comes to teaching." Savannah laughed, standing up and offering Lydia her hand. Savannah helped Lydia up, handing her some tea that she had prepared. 

Lydia's face scrunched up at the smell of the tea, looking over at the brunette. "It'll help during training, trust me. I know it smells bad but you get used to the taste." Savannah clicked their cups together before drinking the tea. 

Lydia gagged, telling her it was awful before they set their cups down. Lydia took off her jacket, throwing it to the side while putting her arms back up. "Come on, let's go again." Lydia said.