[33] Final Countdown

Savannah laid there besides Stiles, just staring at him as she couldn't help but seek the comfort that just his presence brought. It was like time stopped, the world around them stopped as she just stared at Stiles sleepy face. She wasn't even sure how long as had been staring at him until he moved a little, mumbling something in a sleepy voice. 

"You're staring.." Stiles mumbled, sounding tired. 

"Sorry-..I just..I was so afraid for so long that I'd forget your face..And I did-.." I began saying but my voice cracked, making me stop as I didn't want to cry right now. This was a lovely moment, everything seemed at peace and I didn't want to ruin it by crying. There'd be plenty of time for that when the moment wasn't as sweet as this one. "..--I did forget your face and it was the worse. Not remembering you or us..it was worse." I let out a sharp breath. 

Stiles brought a hand to my face, soothing my cheek as I closed my eyes and relaxed. I slowly reopened my eyes to meet Stiles', smiling as I leaned in to place a kiss to his lips. I sighed in content as I pulled away, just staring at every detail of his face. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you again.." Stiles whispered against my lips. 

"And you won't have to find out..If there's one thing I've learned..it's that you and I, what we have together, it might be messy and complicated and toxic but we always find each other in the end. All the roads and maps they lead me back to you even if I kept trying to find another way out, and they'll keep leading me back to you because there's no place I'd rather be. No place I'm meant to be other than by your side. And even after all this time, everything that's happened, I am still as in love with you as the first moment I saw you." I reassured him, grabbing his hand in mine. 

Stiles let out a small smile before saying, "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.." 

"Well, I hope you gotten use to my face because I'm not planning on letting you go, ever again." I smiled back, letting out a small laugh. "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you..I'd die for you all over again if it meant you'd be okay." 

"Well, as romantic and kind of dramatic as it sounds...please, don't do that again. I don't think I'd survive if you died on me again.." Stiles said. 

"I will try my hardest but even if I did..-I know you'd survive. Because you're stronger than you think and you're a survivor. Survivors survive.." I reminded him, just staring into his eyes. I sighed as I placed a quick kiss on his lips before pulling away from him. "Come on..the others are waiting for us." Stiles complained, telling me why we couldn't just stay in bed longer. Telling me how we deserved some rest after being apart for so long. "After we do the plan to catch the Beast and we help them and this whole thing is behind us..everything will be better. Okay? All we need to do is get through this one more thing and we can relax, be happy. We just need to make it through this last thing and we can finally get our happy ending. Maybe even travel or take a road trip..Everything's going to be okay, I promise.." 

Stiles laughed, kissing me quickly before the two of us got up to get ready.

I've been thinking about that morning a lot. How I promised him we could be happy, travel or whatever after we catch the Beast. I promised myself I'd never lie to him again after we made up after the whole events surrounding Gerard and everything... But here I was, breaking that promise. I swore I'd never lie to him again but I did. I promised him we could be happy together, travel, and how he wouldn't lose me again..

but from the way things are going, I don't think we're going to get our happy ending. 

At least not with each other.