[29] Unconditionally

❝ There is no fear now, let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally ❞

I winced in slight pain as Melissa set my arm back in place, wrapping it and offering me a small smile. "You're gonna be just fine. Your bones and body just need a little more time to heal themselves..But with bed rest and not taking it too hard, I think you'll be back to yourself in no time." Melissa offered me a smile. 

I couldn't help but return the smile, noticing how her and Scott had the same exact one. Well, I always knew where Scott got his good heart and intentions from. His mom. Ms. McCall sure is one fantastic parent who sort of became like a mom to me. I snapped out of my thoughts, thanking her before we turned our heads to the door where Stiles entered followed by Scott and Derek. I couldn't stop myself from smiling as my eyes landed on Derek, noting that my best friend was there. Derek was there like he always has been. 

"Derek..-" I gasped, jumping up a little and wrapping my arms around him. Derek hugged me back twice as hard as I hugged him, rubbing circles into my back as I just enjoyed this moment. I never thought I'd see him again, anyone ever again. I was just feeling so overwhelmed with emotions right now. 

Derek placed a kiss on the side of my head, slowly pulling away and smiling at me. "It's good to have you back." 

"Good to be back." I sighed. I turned to see Scott, letting out a laugh as we hugged next. Scott hugged me back, making sure he didn't hurt my arm too bad. "Thanks for keeping an eye on him..Both of you." I said, pulling back to look at Derek and Scott before smiling at Stiles. 

"It was a pain, believe me." Derek half joked. "But thanks to his stubbornness in refusing to believe you were really gone..You're here now." 

I sighed, feeling tired and overwhelm from all the emotions and reunions. I winced slightly, feeling tired as Derek helped me over to my hospital bed, helping me sit down. I thanked him, looking back at everyone. 

"I-I don't want to be the one to change the happy reunion mood we have going on here but..We need to talk about what happened to you and what the Dread Doctors did to you." Stiles said, making me look over at him. "What do you remember?" Stiles asked, Derek and Scott looking at me too wondering if there was anything I remembered. 

I sighed, glancing at Derek who offered me a comforting look. I slowly shook my head, feeling as terrible as I know I looked. My eyes were red, puffy and my face looked tired. Like something was eating away at me for months and months. And it was. All this time I was gone but not really, being tortured.. it takes a toll on you. No matter how hard you try to fight, sometimes the darkness wins. 

"Right after I told Derek I wasn't scared..-" I began saying, looking up at Derek as I grabbed his hand in mind, squeezing it tight. "I-I gave him a message to give to you..Then suddenly I started seeing my life flash before my eyes, your face being the last thing I saw.." I said, looking at Stiles with a soft smile on my face. "..Then everything turned black and for a moment, I saw Allison. She gave me a message to tell everyone she was okay. She told me not to give up and suddenly I started reliving everything bad that's ever happened to me, everything I've ever done. That's when I knew I was in the Fields of Punishment. Each day, worse then the last..I felt it each day, chipping away at whatever soul I had left." 

Derek rubbed my shoulders, letting me know it was okay to stop talking if I didn't want to. But i needed to, it was important. "I-I made a deal..in the fields, I made a deal th-..that's why I forgot everything." I said, my voice breaking. 

"Who did you make a deal with?" Stiles and Scott questioned. 

"The devil." I answered honestly, looking away because my eyes got blurry from the tears in them. "Or whatever you want to call it. I-I made a deal and they promised to keep you safe, Stiles..To keep all of you safe, alive if I-I did their work for them..If I opened my mind. And I did." I sighed, wiping my tears away. "I-..I didn't mean to, I didn't even know what was happening until I started forgetting..I-I fought as hard as I could..I-I just wasn't strong enough..An-and i got tired..I got tired of fighting..It was dark..lonely. I tried..-i tried my best but i got tired. I didn't think i could ever make it home..I thought you would be safe and I could somehow find peace in knowing you were alive but..but life doesn't work that way. The fields of punishment don't work that way. One good deed didn't erase the years of evil I did.."