[17] Your Happiness Is My Happiness

❝ Cause baby you look Happier you do,
my friends told me one day I'd feel it too...
And until I'll smile and hide the truth
But I know I was Happier with you❞

"How are you? I heard what happened at the hospital." Scott said, taking a seat next to his best friend since preschool on his front porch. They sat there on Scott's porch like they've done so many times before, it was almost like things weren't completely going to crap all around them. 

Stiles nodded his head. "Yeah, I told Lydia and..she's gonna talk to Parrish." 

"You sure you're okay?" Scott questioned his best friend after a couple of minutes, noticing the unfamiliar sound in his Stiles heartbeat. 

"Yeah..Things just got complicated at the hospital. But I'm fine. Besides, I heard the good news. Liam's gonna be okay?" Stiles said, coughing while trying to distract his best friend but there was no use. Scott knew him too well, could read him like an open book. 

"Yeah, he's gonna be fine. Him and Hayden are at my house right now with Savannah and Theo..They should be just fine." Scott answered, suddenly noticing the look on Stiles face when he mentioned Savannah. 

Stiles coughed, trying to hide the fact that hearing Savannah and Theo were alone together watching over Liam and Hayden..was making him sick to his stomach. Stiles hated the idea that Theo was trying to take Savannah away from him. And he was terrified it was working.. Stiles noticed the way that she's been looking at him and..-and he's scared. 

"That's good to hear..I'm sure Savannah and Theo will take care of them nicely.." Stiles mumbled, more to himself than to Scott. Stiles coughed awkwardly, trying to change the subject. "So, how's Kira doing? You two doing good?" 

"Yeah we're fine..Speaking of significant others..Things going ok with you and Malia?" Scott asked. 

"I-..I'm not really sure. Things seem different between us, we've been drifting apart..maybe for a while now." Stiles sighed, looking down at the ground. 

After a few moments of silence, Scott spoke up and said things that Stiles really needed to hear at the moment. And it was some advice that Scott remembers giving Stiles during the time they thought Savannah was gone and they'd never see her again. Scott also remembers a conversation they had when Stiles begged Scott for his help in bringing Savannah back. 

"You know you deserve to be happy and to be with the person you really want to be with.." Scott said, making Stiles look over at him slightly confused. "I know you still love Savannah so there's no point in lying to me..I know you too well." 

Stiles sighed, shrugged his shoulders slightly. "I-..I don't know..Things with Savannah are just..-I don't know.." 

"Of course you do..You should be with the person you really want to be with." Scott stated, looking over at Stiles. "When you first asked me to help you bring Savannah back, you remember what I said?" Scott asked his best friend. 

Stiles nodded his head. "Yeah, you said if i remember correctly..Are you out of your freaking mind?We can't mess with the dead, there has to be a line. And Savannah wouldn't want you to cross that line for her? Probably not one of our best moments and maybe one of our worst fights." 

"Yeah but do you want to know what changed my mind? Why I agreed to help you.." Scott said slowly. Stiles shook his head, only commenting on how he thought that it was because of their friendship. "Well of course it was that but there was something else..We were talking at her grave, I begged you to try and move on because I saw how much it was destroying you. And you told me that you couldn't move on because you felt like you were going to die everytime you let it sink in you were never going to see her again..It was in that moment I knew I had to help you..Because if there was any chance of getting Savannah back, of you being with who you really wanted to..there was no way I wasn't gonna help. I love Kira, I love her and I can't imagine my life without her in it now... But if there was anyway to bring back Allison, I would. Stiles, you deserve to be with who you really want to be with. And it's the same person who you've wanted to be with since you first saw her..And that's Savannah."