•Chapter 33•

*August 1996*

Bbbbrriinng! Bbbrrrinnggg!

Dana leaned over in her bed and turned on her lamp. She had Devin and Dae'sha lying in the bed with her, the ringing phone woke Dae'sha up out of her sleep.

She was cranky and began to cry, "m-mommy! Mommy!"

Dana sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyeballs. She reached over and pulled her into her arms, "sshh, it's okay baby." She kissed her forehead and rocked her gently.

Bbbbrringgg! Bbbrrrinnggg!

"Shit," she continued to rock Dae'sha as she grabbed her phone off of the hook.

"Hello?"

"Hey bae."

Dana scooted back down in her bed, once she realized it was Dino, "what Dino?" She groaned.

"Bae I need you to come pick me up from the airport."

Dana's eyes popped open, "what?"

"Come get me from the airport, bae."

"Why the hell can't you ride home with your brother? Why I got to pick you up?"

"Cause I'm coming home Dana, just come on."

"Yeah alright." Dana hung up the phone and placed it back on the hook.

She took a quick glance at the clock on her dresser. The time read 2:31 a.m. Dino had to be out of his rabbit ass mind if he thought she was going to drive to the airport this late at night.

The exact airport where his plane landed, was nearly an hour away. Dana was not prepared to pick up and make such a drive, especially while she had her kids with her.

She had half a mind to leave his ass out there, but she'd never hear the end of it.

She ran into the bathroom and slipped on a pair of shorts and a tank top, then one by one she carried her kids to the car, secured them in their seats, and drove to the airport.

Every few seconds she changed the radio stations, in hopes of finding a decent song to wake her from her constant fatigue.

When she pulled up, the boys were exiting the double doors completely full of energy. It pissed her off. She folded her arms and mean mugged Dino through the windshield.

Just to annoy him, she slammed her hand down on the car horn. His reaction made her smile evilly to herself.

Dino was mad, but he still didn't make any effort to go to the car. Dana leaned back in her seat and looked behind her shoulder to check on her kids.

Apparently they were heavy sleepers at the wrong time, because not once did they move.

Dana smiled at Devin, his pacifier was halfway hanging out of his mouth. She reached her arm out and placed it back into his mouth.

She rubbed her finger against his face, as all the memories of when he was just an infant flooded her mind. He was two months shy of his first birthday and he was already standing and taking some steps.

Dana missed those days when both of her kids were just little babies, they were growing up so fast and she wished that she could just stop the process.

Tap! Tap! Tap!

Dana met Dino's eyes and she was upset all over again. She wanted to have a little fun with this, so she sat back and made him wait. That'll teach his ass not to wake her up late at night for something stupid again.