•Chapter 27•

*August 1995*

It was only two days after Dino left, that Dana began to regret kicking him out in the first place.

She had been taking care of Dae'sha by herself already as it is, but when Dino left, all of the responsibilities were placed on her.

He briefly stayed in Houston for a few weeks, before flying out to L.A. with Shazam and G.I. Neither of them been back since.

Dana believed it was a last attempt at trying to save their already tarnished career. They were still very much under contract with Luke, but they needed to make some moves in order to get the people talking about H-Town again.

There was just no way that was going to happen, if they stayed in Houston. So once again, they had to pack up and leave.

Dana felt that the distance between her and Dino would be better for the both of them.

After awhile, she soon realized how wrong she was, and started having second thoughts. Being away from him just wouldn't do, she needed him to come back home, so they could be a family again.

"Okay, so what is that?"

"That is your baby's head, and these are his fingers."

"H-His?" Dana stumbled over her words, she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Dr. Coleman gave Dana a warm smile, "yes ma'am, you are having a baby boy."

Dr. Coleman went to show Dana a little bit more of the ultrasound, but she'd unexpectedly tuned her out, after finding out her baby's gender.

Her lips curled up into a huge smile, "a boy," she turned to Dandrick, who stood right by her side, staring at the screen.

"It's a boy!" She repeated, obviously unable to contain her excitement. She couldn't wait to get back home to call Dino and tell him the good news.

She knew he would be most excited upon finding out about their new baby boy.

"Sooo, I have some good news," soon as Dana got home, she didn't hesitate to call Dino and tell him about the ultrasound.

"What?"

"I went to see Dr. Coleman today for the ultrasound, and she told me we're having a boy!" Dana was so happy, she started jumping up and down on the couch.

"She told you that today?"

"Yes!" Dana squealed again.

"Keep the ultrasound, because I want to see it."

"That's if your mama don't take it for herself, I was about to call her and tell her about it next," Dana said, as she rolled her eyes. If there was anyone who would be happier than her and Dino, it was her mother in law.

This was her second grandchild, and she secretly hoped for many more in the near future.

Her mother on the other hand was another story. She figured telling Deborah last would probably be better, considering she was the one who always asked the most questions.

"That's cool, where my baby girl at?"

"Dandrick took her upstairs to the bathroom. Our toot is using the potty now," Dana placed her hand over her chest and poked her bottom lip out.

"She doing all this and I'm not there. Next thing I know, she'll be twenty one next week."

"She's growing up Dino, and unfortunately she doesn't need you anymore." Dana joked.