•Chapter 4•

A Couple Weeks Later...

Bang!

Dana's head shot up from her desk, the sudden sound of her teacher banging her ruler on her desk, had woken her up out of her peaceful slumber, nearly scaring her to death.

"Ms. Wright, there is absolutely no sleeping in my class, pay attention!"

Dana cut her eyes over at Shanteah, giving her a knowing look.

Shanteah had a feeling from the look Dana had given her, that she was real close to going off, but she held herself pretty well.

Shanteah gave Dana a somber look and shrugged her shoulders.

Dana smoothed her hair out of her face, and sighed.

Bbrrrrringg!

"Okay class, don't forget to go over chapters twelve-fifteen for your test tomorrow."

The entire room filled up with disappointing moans and groans. Mrs. Hobbs rolled her eyes and waved her hand dismissively, "yeah okay, you're dismissed."

Both Dana and Shanteah were the first ones to gather their belongings, and head for the door, but Mrs. Hobbs stopped Dana right in her tracks.

"Except for you Ms. Wright. I would like to speak with you alone, for just a moment."

Half the class had cleared out by then, Shanteah was the only one hanging in the doorway.

"I'll just wait for you out here Dana," Shanteah assured Dana, before closing the door behind her.

Dana sat down in a chair, closest to her teacher's desk and clasped her hands together.

Mrs. Hobbs folded her arms underneath her chest and slightly leaned against her desk. The sudden silence and unusual stare made Dana squirm in her seat.

She crossed her legs together and raised her eyebrows, "is there any particular reason, why you asked me to stay after class?"

"Why do you think I asked you to stay Dana?" Mrs. Hobbs replied, in a mocking tone.

Dana's eyes danced around the room, and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I was hoping that you would be able to explain your falling asleep in my class."

"Just a little tired is all, I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Yes, but today isn't the first time you've done this Dana. You've been falling asleep in my class nearly everyday in the last two weeks. Now, I do understand that you can be tired at times, but everyday Dana? Are you sure there isn't anything going on, that maybe you would like to talk about?"

Yeah, I'm pregnant and have no fucking clue on what to do!

Dana wanted to tell Mrs. Hobbs the real reason for her constant tardiness and falling asleep, but all she could fix her lips to say was, "no".

She couldn't tell her teacher about her pregnancy, without telling her parents first. Surprisingly, Kayla had kept her promise not to say a single word to Deborah or Eric, but sadly enough this managed to put an unsettling strain on their relationship.

Dana didn't care though, she knew that eventually Kayla would get over it, and they'll be speaking again.

"I'm not so sure if I want to believe you Dana. You are a very bright girl, and this new behavior." Mrs. Hobbs stopped to shake her head, "I'm not sure I like it very much."