•Chapter 5•

A Month Later...

"Okay so, what if it's a boy?"

"Then it'll just be a boy." Dana said dryly, slamming her locker closed. She hugged her books close to her chest and leaned against her locker.

"But what if it's a girl?!" Shanteah asked again.

"Then it'll just be a girl Shanteah, why are you asking me all of this?"

"I'm sorry girl, I'm just so happy, that I'm going to be an auntie! Speaking of which, how is Dino taking it? You know, how does it feel to be a new daddy?" Shanteah lowered her voice, so no one, but Dana could hear her.

Dana rolled her eyes and peeled her body away from the lockers, and headed down the hallway to her next class, "don't even talk about him. I swear, ever since he found out we were having a baby, the boy has been calling me twice as much as he used to. He's the first person I talk to when I wake up and the last person I talk to when I go to sleep." She grumbled.

"And that's supposed to be a bad thing?"

"No, not exactly. I'm glad he's happy, he's probably the happiest he's ever been, since he got that record deal. But all we do is talk about the baby! Rather it's discussing baby names, my upcoming doctor visits, he says that he'll be able to attend all of them, which I'm sure is not true. And can you believe, he already started looking at baby clothes?"

"So?"

"So?! Shanteah, the baby doesn't even have a face yet, and he's already shopping for clothes. We're supposed to be lowkey about this, and if he keeps this up, he'll mess around and get us caught." Dana pulled open the door to the classroom, and walked inside, with Shanteah in tow.

"Dana relax, just cut the boy a little slack, he's just excited that's all."

"Yeah well, it won't be exciting, when my parents find out, that's for sure."

***

"How little man doing, he kicking yet?"

Dana hid her face underneath the couch pillow, and rolled her eyes at Dino's naivety. For the last few twenty minutes, their phone conversation consisted of talking about the baby.

Dino was happy about becoming a dad, she could just hear the happiness all in his voice.

"What makes you so sure, that it's a boy Dino? It could be a girl."

"Because, a man just know these thangs baby." Dino's accent had him say "baby" in such a funny manner, that it made Dana giggle.

"Well, a mother does too." Dana kept a close eye on Deborah, who moved back and forth from the laundry room to their bedrooms.

She was trying her best to be lowkey, one wrong move and they could be founded out.

After many phone conversations, she and Dino both decided that it would be best for them to go to their parents together and tell them about the baby.

With Dino not being here, it just wasn't the right time. For now, she was going to have to keep it on the down low.

"Yeah, when your next doctor appointment?"

"I don't know."

"Well, I'm go'n need for you to get on top of that lil girl."