•Chapter 13•

*July 1993*

"Owww!"

How lucky was Dana for her body to snap back so quickly, as if she hadn't given birth to a eight pound baby, more than a month ago.

She was back to wearing her usual crop tops and baggy jeans. In a way, she wanted to show the world and those around her, that a baby didn't stop anything.

One of the best things to come from this, were her new and improved breasts. No silicone needed, because they were both completely filled with her breasts milk.

She was going to enjoy them while she could, because once they were gone, they were gone.

She definitely could do without the constant leakage and soreness however.

Dae'sha was a big baby, so she ate twice as much as the average baby. Even then the pain in her breasts never subsided.

Nearly every second of the day, Dana would use the breast pump, to pump her breasts. Dino was loving every moment of it, too bad he couldn't touch her.

The slightest touch could make her cry, at times she didn't even want him to come near her, because of the pain she was in.

"Eww Dana, what the hell is that on your shirt?" This would be the second time today that Dana had to change into a different shirt, because of her leaking breasts.

"Shit! My damn breasts are leaking again, and the shit hurts soo bad!" She whined. Slowly, but surely, she lifted the shirt over her head and threw it onto Kayla's bathroom floor.

Shanteah made a face, "but why would your breasts be leaking?" She paused, her eyes suddenly growing wide.

"Oh my God! It's cancer!"

Kayla snapped her neck in Shanteah's direction, she sucked her teeth, "that girl ain't got no damn cancer! She's lactating! It happens to all women after giving birth, crazy ass."

"Oh, well cover it up or something. We don't want you dripping everywhere." Shanteah took out a drying towel from out of Kayla's cabinet and threw it at Dana.

It landed on her chests, "oww! Shanteah, I told you that shit hurts!"

"Oops! I'm sorry Dana!"

"Shanteah, go get the girl a pack of ice or something." Kayla grabbed Dana by the arms, so she could examine her. "where does it hurt at?"

"All over," Dana whimpered.

Dana definitely didn't sign up for this shit. She was so sure her life would be much better, post baby. Boy was she sadly mistaken.

It was all downhill from here.

Dino was only able to stay home with her two more weeks after she was released from the hospital, before he had to return back to Miami.

As much time as he spent down there, Dana would've thought he was living there. Houston was no longer his place of residence, at least that's how it felt to her.

She soon learned that the boys had been signed onto the Coca-Cola Summerfest tour. They were to be performing alongside big names like Shai, LL Cool J, Naughty By Nature to name a few.

This was major news. To be signed at a independent label and with just one single out right now, they were going mainstream and hitting big time.

H-Town was considered to be one of the hottest groups in all of '93, and it was just the beginning.

It saddened Dana to see Dino go, and so suddenly, but there was work to be done, and major moves to be made.

The night before he left, he assured her that this would all be worth it in the end, when the money started rolling in and they could finally have their own place, like they always talked about.