Chapter 9

I know it is short but I have been really busy this weekend :/ I hope you enjoy anyways though! :D

I open my eyes and groan, these early mornings and late nights have been starting to get to me lately. The Dragon Sage training has been a lot harder then I would have expected.

I have been onDragonMountainfor around three weeks and even though I feel as though I have made close to no progress the others tell me that they have never heard of someone learning Sage Training so fast…

Today is the day I have been dreading though, I officially get to start training in Sage Mode. The only problem is… They want me to use some of my demons chakra to be able to use my Sage Mode for longer then the usual amount people can. Most people only get five minutes but apparently if I use the others chakra I can get up to twenty minutes.

“Hotaru! Come on we have another busy day ahead of us. The Dragon Elders are calling for us.” I hear Kaida yell outside of my cave and I rub my eyes and walk out into the sun to see her waiting anxiously for me. I smile at her but it is obvious she can see the worry in my eyes. If this goes wrong he could take over me and then… I shudder at the thought and we start to make our way to the Elder’s Cavern. I walk on the hot coals on the ground and don’t even notice them anymore. I have become completely immune to fire, lava, pretty much anything hot. It is almost as though it is a part of me now.

We pass by some other dragons and they nod at me with respect. When I first got here they would scoff and look at me like I was a small insignificant insect. After seeing me train and how fast I have progressed they are starting to see me as a true Dragon Princess…. I hate being called a princess -_-

We reach the massive cavern and enter, every time I walk through the entrance I feel like a parasite compared to the size of this place. The Elders could easily step on Konoha and crush it, that is of course if they were still able to fly and well… walk easily.

“Hotaru today is the day that you will be starting training in your Sage Mode. We want you to try and release a small amount of your demon chakra so you can make your Sage Mode last longer.” The head Elder says and I bow respectfully.

“We of course know about how risky this is so we are going to ask you to do it here while we are present. Your demon cannot harm us do not fear, us Dragons have been around much longer then they have.” He says and I nod, I sit down and empty my mind of all thoughts…

I open my eyes and see Kirai standing in front of me, he gives me a grin with his sharp pointy teeth and I try not to shudder.

He stands before me and I look over him. He almost looks like a wild cat of some kind but covered in dripping lava and with blood red eyes with pure hate and evil in them.

“Kirai, you know why I am here. I need to use some of your chakra.” I say and he laughs causing the ground to shake, but I keep my balance easily.

“You puny human cannot control me or tell me what to do, just because I live in this dark hole you call a body does not mean I am yours to command!” He shouts spitting fire at me and I stand and let it flare around me. I feel the slight tingling of it but other then that there is nothing. My hair stays unaffected by it as do my clothes (don’t ask me how they just don’t get affected)