Hoseok: Sunshine Boy

Your life was anything but perfect; your parents were divorced, father was barely home due to work, school was hell on Earth and you had no friends. Doctors diagnosed you with depression, so now you had to take medicine that didn't really help, but you took it to make your father happy.

No one liked you at school, and you didn't really understand why. You didn't even talk to anyone! Everything you did seemed to piss people off, like your existence was a reason for them to hate you.

The only people who cared about you were your guidance councilor and a person called the Sunshine Boy. The boy would leave notes in your locker every day, telling you not to give up and that to him, you were perfect. His notes were always either yellow or orange, like the sun. Those notes always made your day and you'd crack a small smile at his sweet words.

Today was a bit of a bad day for you. It was bad in the sense that you were really out of it, even more than usual. It was Thursday, which meant a morning session with your guidance councilor.

"Good morning, (Y/N)! How are you?" she asked as you took a seat in front of her desk. You sighed and shook your head. "It's an off day. I wanted to skip, but I know I can't," you replied honestly, fiddling with the strings of your hoodie. Your councilor frowned and tilted her head. "But you're just so smart! Learning occupies your brain for a bit." You simply nodded, staring at a point on the wall.

After a bit of silence, your councilor cleared her throat, making you look at her. "Does your boy still send you notes?" At the mentioning of the Sunshine Boy, you let out a faint smile. "Yes. Always. He makes me feel good. I just wish I knew who he was," you said honestly. "He's good for you. If you spent time with him, maybe your outlook on life will change. He has that affect on people," your councilor said. "He makes me feel happy. I just want to be happy again..."

"Hi! Sorry I'm late! I had a doctor's appointment for my dance class. We always have to get physicals and stuff," a boy said from the doorway. Your councilor smiled and gestured to the seat next to you. "(Y/N), this is Jung Hoseok. He was a senior last year. Hoseok, you know who this is," she said with a smile.

You turned to look at the boy. Red hair, brown eyes, heart-shaped lips. Yellow hoodie, white sweatpants and blue Converse Highs. All in all, he was absolutely gorgeous. He smiled at you, blushing slightly. "Um, how do you know me?" you asked, red also tinting your cheeks. Hoseok looked down at his shoes for a minute, wringing his hands. "(Y/N), I'm the one who put all those notes in your locker. I get my friend Taehyung to do it for me, now. I'm your Sunshine Boy."

No way. This was the Sunshine Boy? This was the same boy who, in his notes, told you how gorgeous you were and encouraged you to not give up? This was the boy responsible for your small smiles and slight giggles? This was the boy who made you happy?

"(Y/N), I brought him here so that you could meet him and make friends. You need a friend," your councilor said, crossing her arms on the desk. Hoseok turned his gaze to you. "I'm sorry I've been so creepy, but...please just give it a chance?" he asked sheepishly, hope shining in his eyes as he held his hand out to you. You hesitantly took it, blushing at how warm he was compared to you. "Sure, Hoseok. I'd like that."

Numbers were exchanged, and you both were sent from the office. You both just stood there in the halls for a while, silence falling over you. "Listen, (Y/N). How about a date tomorrow, since tomorrow's Friday? I'll pick you up from school and we can go to the mall or something. If you don't want to, it's fine. Just a thought..." Hoseok stumbled over his words, embarrassment tinting his cheeks the same color as his hair.

"Honestly, I'd love that, Hoseok. Thank you," you said quietly, giving him a small smile. Hoseok's eyes lit up and he rushed to hug you. It took you by surprise, but after a few seconds, you relaxed in his warm embrace, wrapping your arms around his waist.

He let you go after a minute, smiling gently. "Have a good day. I'll see you tomorrow, girly!" he beamed, ruffling your hair slightly. You just giggled, "See you, Sunshine Boy." You haven't felt this happy in a long time.