[32] A Tale as Old as Time

Start from the beginning

Theo chuckled slightly, shaking his head. "Look, the point being..We're all on the same side here. When it comes down to it, Savannah or not, the Beast is a problem. It's going to keep killing and it might damn well kill us in the process. It doesn't matter that Savannah's underneath it all, it doesn't matter because she'll kill us in a second when she's shifted."

"She would never hurt us." The McCall pack stated firmly, believing in their best friend.

"She won't have a choice in the matter when she's in the Beast form." Theo counter argued.

"How do you know she's the Beast exactly? How the hell did she even become the Beast? Why her? Of all people, why her?" Scott and Stiles questioned.

Theo sighed, looking over at the McCall pack that stood across from his Chimera Pack. "It started three years ago, beginning of junior year...was it? I believe you've all come across Savannah's mother?" Theo began, looking at them with a curious look.

"We've crossed paths before she passed..She was kind of psychotic. She believed she could bring back Savannah's dad if she gained enough power, said she paid a high price to get the power to resurrect him." Scott explained.

Theo nodded his head before saying, "Yeah, well, the Dread Doctors managed to convince her to use some of her newly gained power from the sacrifices to help them in their own process. They needed her power to help prepare Savannah to become a Chimera-..a host that could possibly become the Beast's vessel. Her mother probably didn't even know what she was preparing Savannah for, all they promised her was that if she did what they asked then they would help her bring back Savannah's dad. They promised her, her family back."

"Savannah-...she said that her mother did something to her when she took her. She didn't remember what it was but she mentioned how it couldn't be good and she felt like it would surface eventually.." Stiles swallowed hard, afraid of hearing the rest of the story but needing to. They all needed to hear the rest of the story.

"Yeah, well, when Savannah died, I convinced the Dread Doctors that she would survive the procedure and become another success. But they couldn't raise her yet, still not figuring out everything they needed in order to get her soul to our world. It required a lot of elements so I whispered in your ear, Stiles, how to bring her back. So when you got her soul to our world, the Dread Doctors managed to steal it and place it back in her newly made body. And thus, she resurrected as the half werewolf, half siren Chimera she is before us today." Theo explained.

"Still doesn't explain how she became the host for the Beast." Lydia commented.

"She could only be proven a success when she took her first life after coming back..So when she killed Tracy-.." Theo started saying before Scott interrupted him.

"..-She triggered it. She shifted. She became-.." Scott said, sighing.

"..-She became the Beast." Theo answered. "They wanted the perfect killing machine and what's more perfect than a former killing machine turned good? Savannah turned her anger and hatred into loyalty and love. Savannah would kill anyone within a heartbeat, even if she knew better now, if it meant protecting any of you. That's love, friendship, trust. There's nothing more pure or good. So to bend that goodness until it breaks, is to create the perfect evil."