Finding the Right man for me

Start from the beginning

“Greg, I believe I owe you a thank you,” I say to my red haired friend. “You are all invited to my wedding, just so you know.”

He breaks out laughing and the other ones just look at us with raised eyebrows. I guess he didn’t tell them what he did!

“I told Vincent that Ray is getting married to someone else.”

“Wait, what?” Chris says amused.

“You are the man, dude.” Cole shakes his head. “Did he believe you?”

“If! He almost punched me to the ground. That man really has it for you, Princess.”

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell me,” Carlie mutters, glaring daggers at him.

“He has changed his mind now,” I tell them with a cheeky grin. “I’m torturing him by saying we should just be friends. The game is still on.”

“Poor guy!” Adam laughs. “There’s no way I can feel sorry for him after rejecting you to begin with.”

“That idiot will pay for that,” I mutter. “It’s almost time for us to get back home before anyone misses you.”

I take a seat on the damp grass and they place themselves so we are forming a circle. Wonderful. I reach out my hands for theirs and they start grabbing hands.

“Close your eyes and listen,” I instruct them. “Find your inner peace with the nature and tell me what you hear.”

They are quiet while they are trying to focus. Greg and Adam are twisting uncomfortably, too restless to succeed. I hear Carlie’s calm breaths and I know she will be the first one to speak up.

“A squirrel is watching us from the left. It is sitting under a bush waiting for us to leave.”

Her words makes the boys more focused and I can feel that they are really trying this time.

“There is a stream deeper into the forest,” I continue. “Frogs are swimming in it, surrounded by dragonflies.”

I open my eyes slowly and find Adam gazing at me. I thought he was focusing on the forest, but he’s only watching me admiringly. His eyes are blue like sapphires and I find it hard to break away from his stare. It feels like we are connecting on a deeper level. It hits me so hard that I jump up on my feet, making the others loose their concentration. I did not expect this to happen so soon. I never thought it would be someone from the Sunshiny Pack!

“Ray, are you alright?” Carlie wonders.

“Yes, yes…” I mumble, still staring into Adam’s eyes. “Session is over for today, you can go home now. I‘m staying for a while.”

“What about the Wolf Spirits?” she asks disappointedly.

“It was in the concentration session. Last time was just to show you what they look like,” I explain to her. “I still have to do my own exercising. It’s way advanced for you to understand.”

“Ninjan chick,” Cole winks at me. “I’ll see you during lunch!”

Adam stays like I hope he would. He waves for the others to go ahead of him and we watch them leave. I start to inspect him closely.

“You need to put a lot more effort into your training, Adam,” I order him with a cold voice. “This won’t do.” I kick him to the ground so he looses his breath.

“What the hell Ray?” he says surprised. “What is going on?”

“Can’t you feel what’s happening to us?” I ask him seriously.