Patching up

Dean, Seamus and I were sitting and writing our homework.

"Neville, we have to go to the library", Dean said.

"Who are you? What have you done to Dean? Tell me", I said pointing my wand at him.

Seamus laughed so hard that he fell off the sofa.

"Not funny", Dean said.

"Uh huh?", I said.

"Okay, it's funny but I won't admit it", he said.

"Why do you want to go to the library? ", Seamus asked.

"The transfiguration assignment", Dean said.

"Okay", I said and the three of us headed to the library.

"Do you think Dean knows the way to the library? ", Seamus asked loudly.

"I didn't even know that Dean knew there was a library at Hogwarts", I said.

"Shut it, both of you", he said.

We went to the library and after a hour of searching we found the book.

I saw Krum sitting opposite Hermione and Harry, poring over some books. He was glancing regularly at Hermione.

"Can we talk to him? ", Dean asked.

"No", I said and went to the common room.

"Neville, it's Hogsmeade weekend", Seamus shouted.

"Cool", I said.

It was Saturday and all of us entered Honeydukes and bought a lot of candies.

Colin, Ginny and Euan were at Zonko's and the hufflepuffs were at 'The Three Broomsticks'.

I had been politely ignoring the hufflepuffs for the past few weeks as same as Ginny. Well, we were talking but only about homework or something. I know it wasn't her fault but I couldn't. I will apologize to her in the evening, I promised myself.

We entered The Three Broomsticks and say Ernie and Hannah were swapping chocolate cards and laughing. Susan and Justin were playing "Rock, paper, scissors" and giggling.

I had never felt anything like this before. It was like someone had cast a Cruciatus curse on me. I didn't even know I missed all of them so much.

"You okay? ", Dean asked, elbowing me.

"Yeah. One moment", I said and walked towards their table.

"Hello", I said as normally as I could.

"Neville, what made you give up? ", Justin asked, coldly.

"You've been ignoring us for weeks and you suddenly come and say 'hello'? ", Ernie asked.

"Hear me out please", I said.

"Okay, I understand that you all wanted recognition for your house and Harry took away the spotlight. But, it wasn't his fault. He didn't put his name in", I said.

"Here to defend Harry?", Hannah said.

"No. So, I thought I will ignore you all and I did. But, seeing you all here laughing. It was so horrible. I don't care about Harry but you all are so important to me. I thought you were all stupid but I was the one who was stupid. I know it would be hard for you to forgive me but I'm sorry, okay? I miss you all so much", I said.

"It's okay", Susan said.

"Really? ", I asked.

"Really", all of them said and group hugged me.

"Huh Dean and Seamus, join us", Hannah said.

I moved a little to give them space and continued our group hug until we earned some strange looks.

All of us drank butterbeer and talked about useless things. Finally, we parted ways and went into our common rooms.

I saw Ginny talking with Euan and Colin.

"Guys, may I borrow Ginny for a moment? ", I asked.

"Okay", both of them said.

"What? ", Ginny asked.

"Gin, I'm so sorry. I know it's my fault. I just can't talk about it okay? Please, Gin", I said.

"You don't have to talk about it", she said.

"Are we cool? ", I asked.

"Maybe", she said.

"I'll take that as a yes", I said and hugged her.

Someone coughed behind me, I broke the hug to see it was Ron.

"Oh! Hi, mate. We were just talking", I said.

"Really? ", Ron asked.

"Ron, stop it. Neville's just a very good friend. We're like you and Hermione", Ginny said.

"Ya, mate", I said.

He left us glaring.

"What's wrong with your brother? ", I asked.

"He's just a bit mental", she said.

"Like brother, like sister", I said.

Ginny elbowed me playfully and both of us laughed.