The Goblet of fire

"I can't believe. It's Krum. The 'Viktor Krum' ", Dean said.

"Shut up, Dean", I said.

"Do you reckon he'll sit with us? ", Seamus asked.

"No", I said, jerking my head towards Krum who was now sitting with the Slytherins.

"Rotten luck", Dean said.

Draco Malfoy was now trying to have a conversation with Krum which seemed least interested in it.

The Beauxbatons were sitting with the Ravenclaws. Michael Corner and Anthony Goldstein looked a bit nervous. It was because of the Beauxbatons, I suppose.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and most particularly guests. I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable", Dumbledore said.

A Beauxbaton's girl was laughing into her muffler.

"As though we invited her", Dean said, angrily.

"Ask her to go back to Beauxbatons", Seamus added.

"I invite you to eat, drink and make yourselves at home", Dumbledore said.

The girl who laughed during Dumbledore's speech came to our table and asked if she could borrow a black coloured pudding and went away.

"Starve", Dean and Seamus said.

Dumbledore said that the champions would be chosen by the Goblet of Fire. Filch brought an old casket and took the Goblet of Fire from it and placed it on a stool. He introduced Bartemius Crouch and Ludo Bagman who were going to stay here for the Tournament.

All of us clapped when Bagman was introduced but none of us clapped when Crouch was introduced.

"When do you reckon Moody is? ", Dean asked.

"Hiding probably", I said.

"I still get goosebumps when he told me what he did to someone who said 'Boo' to him", Seamus said.

Dumbledore added that one champion from each school would be selected and only people above seventeen would be allowed. He had drawn an age line around the goblet.

After the feast, the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons returned to their ships.

"Neville, party tomorrow. Bring Ginny and her friends too", Susan said.

I nodded and all of us returned to our common rooms.

I woke up early and went down to the common room. I saw the Ravenclaws and the Hufflepuffs standing near the entrance and laughing.

"What happened?", I asked.

"A sixth year Hufflepuff and a fifth year Ravenclaw tried to put their names in the Goblet. But, they were thrown out and they grew beards. It was funny", Justin said.

"What? ", I said and started laughing.

"Hey, did Cedric put his name? ", I asked.

"Yeah, he put it yesterday night after everyone left. Didn't want anyone to see", Ernie said.

"I really hope he gets selected", I said.

"Thanks", Hannah said.

"Let's eat", said Su Li (Ravenclaw)

As Hufflepuffs had classes with Ravenclaws, they had a lot of friends in Ravenclaw and they were Hufflepuffs, they had friends in all houses.

We were halfway through breakfast when Fred and George put their names in the goblet. They were thrown outside and had identical beards. All of us burst out laughing and then Dumbledore told them to go to the Hospital wing. I caught Ginny's eye and Ginny, Colin, Euan and I set out towards the Hufflepuff common room.

Dean and Seamus were still jealous of Cedric and told that they had homework to do.