First day at Hogwarts -Hannah

"Wake up, Hannah", said Susan shaking me.

" Where am I? Who am I? ", I asked stupidly.

"In our dorm. Seriously Hannah do you think you are a unicorn? ", she said.

The hufflepuffs had arranged a party for us last night. It was pretty late when we finally slept. The older hufflepuffs had danced, sung both muggle and wizard songs. We played board games, UNO cards and sang some karaoke I guess.

Professor Sprout had also stayed with us all night. Many of the older hufflepuffs had drunk firewhiskey and butterbeer. But they hadn't allowed any of us to even see them.

But we were given a lot of chocolate frogs, cauldron cakes and Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

They had also shared many amusing stories with us .Something felt right about being in hufflepuff.

They made all of us promise that if there was anything we want or anything is wrong we must approach the older hufflepuffs immediately. They told that each and everyone was family.

We had snuck out at night to owl our parents. I had been quite nervous but since we were already near the owlery we hadn't been caught.

"Are you planning to get ready at all? ", said Susan shaking me.

"Ya, ya. ", I said. I showered, got dressed and arranged my books in record time. We reached the Great Hall in time as we lived near the kitchens unlike the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws.

The great hall was bustling with students. I caught Neville's eye and waved at him. I smiled at Hermione.

Ernie Macmillan, was already at the table. Most of the hufflepuffs had already started eating. Justin Finch-Fletchey was staring at a piece of paper.

Susan and Ernie had known each other before joining Hogwarts. Their parents were classmates and close friends during their time.

Justin was Ernie's best friend.

We had talked yesterday night and we became pretty close.

"Good morning ", I said. "Good morning Hannah", said Ernie and Justin in unison.

I ate some toast and sausages. I drank some pumpkin juice.

I was eating when some hundreds of owls entered the great hall. Natalie dropped a letter on my plate. I fed her some toast and patted her head.

My parents had congratulated me on getting into hufflepuff. They told me that they missed me terribly. It was one day since I left .They told me to owl them about my first day.

"What are you reading? ", I asked to Justin.

"Timetable", he said , handing me a piece of paper.

First class- Charms.

"Let's get started to leave", said Ernie.

"Okay" said Susan, Justin and me in unison.