Exams

We didn't have a party, even after the won the Quidditch Cup. Instead, all of us were reading and preparing for our exams.

Percy Weasley who was taking his N.E.W.T's this year gave severe punishments to anyone who disturbed the silence of the common room. Even the Weasley twins were preparing for their O.W.L's.

Our first exam was Potions. We had to brew a Confusing Concoction. I managed to brew it correctly, to my own surprise. It was even in the same color. Snape too must have been surprised because on seeing my potion, he almost dropped his notebook and stared at me with surprise.

Next was Astronomy, History of Magic  and Herbology.

Our second last exam was Defence against the Dark Arts. We had a practical exam. We faced Grindylows, Red Caps, Hinkypunks and Boggarts.

Professor Lupin had smiled encouragingly at me. Our next exam was Divination.

"Neville Longbottom", Trelawney called from the classroom.

"What do you see? ", she asked.

I kept staring into the orb.

"Professor, I see something. It's a dementor", I said.

"Very good. What else do you see? ", she asked.

"Er I Uh see someone's patronus", I say.

"The patronus is a deer", I say.

She kept saying something after fifteen minutes of questioning me about what I saw, she left me.

Ginny was sitting in the entrance hall, prodding her food.

"What happened?", I asked.

"Buckbeak's going to be executed", she said.

Both of us ran towards Hagrid's hut and knocked.

Hagrid opened the door. Ginny and I hugged Hagrid and kept saying that we're sorry. Finally, we left after sometime.

"Hey, Neville. The hufflepuffs are hosting a party tonight. You're coming right? ", Dean asked.

"Okay", I said.

Ginny and I went with Dean and Seamus to the party but for the whole time, we were thinking about Buckbeak and Hagrid. We finally left the party and entered our dorms.

The next day, during breakfast, all of us walked down to the Great Hall.

"Longbottom, you heard, professor Lupin is a werewolf", Malfoy shouted.

Ginny and I exchanged nervous looks.

"Professor Snape told all of us. The werewolf has resigned", Malfoy said.

Both of us glared angrily at Snape and rushed towards Lupin's office.

"Professor Lupin, you shouldn't resign", Ginny and I shouted.

He looked at both of us shockingly.

"Everyone now knows that I'm a werewolf now. None of the parents would want a werewolf to teach their children", he said.

"Please professor. You're the best teacher we've ever had", I said.

"I have already resigned", he said.

As if, on cue, Ginny and I hugged him. He hugged us back.

"Neville, can I ask you something?", he said.

"Anything professor", I say.

"Why were you avoiding me? Because you found out I was a werewolf?", he asked.

"No. I saw you with Sirius Black and Harry's father and a fat guy in the pensieve. I didn't know how to ask you. I'm sorry professor", I said.

"Oh! Can you promise me something?", he asked.

"Yes", I say.

"Can you owl me every week about how Harry is and tell me how he is doing? ", he asked.

"I promise you", I say.

"And Ginny, take care", he said.

"We'll miss you, professor", both of us said and hugged him.

"Ahem", someone said. All of us broke the hug to see professor Dumbledore wiping his eyes.

"Sorry, professor. We didn't know you were here", Ginny said.

"Mr. Longbottom. Would you come with me? ", he asked.

I nodded at Ginny and said, "Goodbye, professor Lupin. Thank you for everything".

I followed professor Dumbledore into his office.

"Yes, professor", I said.

He gave me a paper. I read it's contents slowly.

"Wow. Thank you, professor", I said.

"Professor McGonagall told me about what happened after the final match", he said.

"Er professor. I'm sorry", I said.

"It's okay", a voice said behind me.

I turned to see professor McGonagall standing.

"Go and apologize", Dumbledore said in my ear.

"Professor McGonagall. I'm sorry for what I said", I said, stepping forward.

"It's okay, Neville. I was wrong, too. I'm sorry", she said, extending her hand.

I shook her hand and smiled at her.

"If you excuse us for a moment", Dumbledore said. I nodded and walked out of his office.

On my way out, Dumbledore's bird burst into flames.

"Aguamenti", I shouted, holding out my wand but nothing happened.

"Professor Dumbledore. Your bird. It caught fire. I tried to save it but I couldn't. I'm sorry", I said, tears forming in my eyes.

Professor Dumbledore and McGonagall were smiling at each other.

"It's natural for a phoenix to catch fire and rise again from the ashes. Don't worry", he said.

I nodded at him and left the office.

Hannah, Ernie, Susan, Justin, Dean, Seamus and Ginny were listening to my story.

"So you can come with us to Hogsmeade? ", Dean asked.

I nodded.

"So, let's go", All of them shouted.

All of us went to Hogsmeade. It was the most memorable trip of all times. Though all of us were sad that Lupin was leaving, we enjoyed a lot at Hogsmeade.

Hagrid had owled me saying Buckbeak was free. Ginny and I were extremely happy. We went and congratulated Hagrid. In the evening, we went to the hufflepuff common room and over butterbeers and chocolate frogs, we celebrated the end of our year.

Gryffindor had won the House Cup for the third time in a row and I had passed all of my exams.

Soon, it was time for us to leave Hogwarts. I was happy and sad at the same time. We got down at the station, said our goodbyes and met our families.

I looked back at my year, professor Lupin, my Boggart, the dementors, Sirius Black, going to hogsmeade, losing the passwords, the hufflepuffs not going to Hogsmeade for me, talking to professor McGonagall, Lupin's resignation and the train journey. It was incredible.

Hello everyone. Thank you all for the five hundred likes. I'm going to join college soon. Everyone wish me luck, please. Hope you're all enjoying the story. Thank you all again.