Holidays and school

I visited my parents on Christmas. I entered my dad's room. He was staring into space.

"Hi dad", I said.

"Merry Christmas", I said.

Visiting my parents was confusing. I was sad and happy at the same time.

"Professor Lupin to is teaching Defense against the Dark Arts. He told me you were his classmate. He is the best teacher we ever had. ", I say. He was still staring.

"See you later,dad", I said. We left the room and went inside my mom's room.

"Hello,mom. Merry Christmas", I said.

She didn't reply. She gave me a small metal badge.

"Thank you, mom", I said and pinned it to the front of my shirt. It looked a bit rusty but it was great.

I talked for sometime about Hogwarts, my friends, my teachers and my classes.

"Neville, we have to leave", said my grandmom.

"Coming, grandma", I said.

She glanced at my badge and said, "Neville, throw it away. What if it is infected? ", she said.

"Please, grandma", I said.

She sighed and made a portkey to leave St. Mungo's .

Ernie, Susan, Hannah and Ginny had owled me. I owled back to all of them.

Mrs. Weasley had sent me a sweater with the letter 'N' in the front.

Dean, Seamus, Euan and Colin had sent me letters through the muggle post. I wrote some letters and intended to post it in the evening. My grandmom had decorated a small christmas tree.

I gave her a small bracelet I had bought from Hogsmeade and she pinned a small brooch to my sweater.

"It's the sword of Gryffindor. It belonged to your father", she said.

I nodded silently and we ate a small chocolate cake my grandma made.

Soon, holidays were over and we returned to Hogwarts. I met Mrs. Weasley at the station and thanked her for the sweater. She was incredibly sweet.

Even though, weird things happened constantly and You- know- who tried to attack the school every year, it was still home.

Care of magical creatures was good. We collected wood for the salamanders which looked like lizards but breathed fire.

Divination was as horrible as I remembered. Palmistry was as boring as tea leaves. I could have chosen 'Muggle studies'. Susan and Ernie had chosen 'Muggle studies'.

They told me Hermione was present in all classes. But Divination was at the same time as 'Muggle studies'. I didn't know how it was possible. Maybe she brewed a potion which could like make an exact copy of yourself. One was at Divination and the other was at Muggle studies.

It was the silliest thing I ever thought. I felt ashamed of myself.

I met professor Lupin once a week. I had got over the ' Black' thing. He was damn cool. He helped me with a few spells. I almost looked forward to meeting him.

Ginny and I researched a few books in the library to help Hagrid. But the more we read , the more pointless it seemed. Yet, we tried relentlessly.