Controlled

Professor Moody was now performing the Imperius curse on all the students.

"Dean Thomas", professor Moody said. Dean stepped forward.

"Imperio", professor Moody said pointing his wand at Dean.

A dream-like expression suddenly came over Dean's face. He suddenly started hopping around the room singing the National Anthem.

Seamus and I were laughing uncontrollably into our fists.

"Lavender Brown", professor Moody called.

Lavender stepped forward. "Imperio", Moody shouted.

She did a perfect impression of a squirrel. Dean, Seamus and I were trying our best not to laugh.

"Neville Longbottom", professor Moody called.

I stepped forward and closed my eyes.

"Imperio", he shouted. I felt extremely happy and relaxed at once.

"Backflip", he said in my head and I did a backflip.

"Jump and do a somersault", the voice said and I answered it immediately.

After some time, I knew that the curse was lifted.

I looked at the whole class staring at me in shock. I sat beside Dean and Seamus silently.

"Merlin's beard, Neville", Seamus said.

"It wasn't me", I said.

"Potter, you next", Moody called.

I didn't know what Moody said but Harry was resisting it. Then, he jumped and did not jump at the same table, crashing into the table.

"Look at that, you lot. Potter fought! He fought it, and he damn near beat it. We'll try that again, Potter and the rest of you, pay attention. Watch his eyes. That's where you see it. Very good Potter .Very good indeed! They'll have trouble controllung you!", he said.

He then made Harry fight off the Imperius curse four times. We were finally able to escape from his class after an hour.

We were given a lot of homework by everyone. Professor McGonagall told that our O.W.L's were drawing closer.

"We don't have our O.W.L's until fifth year", Dean shouted.

She said something about how Hermione was the only student who could turn a hedgedog into a pincushion.

Snape had asked us to research on antidotes as he was going to poison one of us before Christmas. Dean, Seamus and I were reading a lot of books are we were pretty sure that I was going to be the one poisoned. Flitwick had told us to read three extra books for our lesson on the Summoning Charm. Dean, Seamus, the hufflepuffs and I were now practising the Charm from a sixth year Hufflepuff. Dean, Susan and Ernie had mastered the charm after a week's practice.

Trelawney was still asking us to predict our futures. Hagrid had made us monitor the Skrewts every other day. But, we weren't complaining as we spent the time with Hagrid.

Having a lot of homework was good as I didn't hear my mother's screams as often.

Cedric was planning to put his name for the tournament and all the hufflepuffs were supporting him. He was a good guy- quidditch player, prefect and he was good- looking too. He helped us occasionally with our homework too.

Dean and Seamus didn't like him as he was Cho's boyfriend. Cho was beautiful but I didn't like her much.

For the whole of the next week, all of us were talking only about the Triwizard Tournament.

Filch was scrubbing all the floors and the portraits were being cleaned .

I was thinking about my mother's screams and accidentally transplanted my ear to a cactus.

"Longbottom, kindly do not reveal you can't perform a simple switching spell in front of Durmstrang", professor McGonagall shouted.

I sighed and tried to perform the Switching spell again.

The next morning, I recieved an owl from Remus. The usual was written- I'm fine here. Thank you for owling me. Owl me as soon as something happens and use a different owl.