Hog's Head

A week later

"Hi, Neville", Hannah said.

She was standing outside the Great Hall.

"Hey", I said, walking over to them.

"Is Seamus okay? ", she asked.

"Yeah. He took the news better than we expected", I said.

"That's cool. Who are all coming? ", she asked.

"You all, Dean, Gin, Luna, Michael, the Weasley twins, our quidditch team, Terry, Anthony, Colin, Cho, Dennis and I. And Ron and Hermione obviously", I said.

"Cho is coming? ", she said.

"Yeah. Micheal is coming too", I said, frowning.

"Don't be an idiot, Neville. Ginny can choose whomever she likes", she said.

"Whatever", I said.

"You okay ,right? ", I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine", she said.

"I'm sorry. I should spend more time with you. I just don't want to get caught by Umbridge", I said.

"It's okay, Neville", she said.

"No, it's not okay. You have been with me whenever I ended up in the hospital wing or I wasn't okay. But, I haven't done anything for you", I said.

"It's not like I did everything because I expected you to do the same. You're my best friend, Neville", she said.

"You're my best friend too, Hannah", I said. I stared at her and she stared at me for a long time.

"Mate? ", Dean said.

"What? ", I asked.

"We've to leave. Unless you want to receive detention from Umbridge", he said.

"Oh okay. See you tomorrow, then", I said.

"Good night", she said and both of us left.

"Neville, were you going to kiss her? ", Dean asked.

"No", I said.

"What were you two talking about? ", he asked.

"We were just talking", I said.

"Do you like her? ", he asked.

"Not in that way", I said.

"But she likes you. And she's pretty, she's intelligent ", he said.

"Dean, you think with You-know-who's back, you think all this is important? ", I asked.

"Of course. In case, you hadn't noticed everyone is still carrying on with their lives in spite of You-know-who coming back", he said.

"I don't like her in that way", I said.

"Okay", he said and both of us went to bed.

The next day, all of us went to the Hog's head and after the meeting was over. The meeting was fairly good.

I found out that Zacharias Smith was horrible and Michael Corner was horrible too. Well, I thought all hufflepuffs were good but then Smith was a idiot. And Hannah pointed out that I didn't like Michael just because he was dating Ginny.

Hannah, Dean and I walked for some time around Hogsmeade. Susan, Ernie and Justin and Megan had excused themselves.

"Did you see how Cho was looking at Harry? ", Hannah said angrily.

"How long do you think someone should take before moving on?", Dean asked.

"Well, atleast some months, Dean. And Cedric and Cho were so close. You'd think she never knew Cedric ,the way she's acting now", she said.

"Hannah, it's her wish. She can do whatever she wants whenever she wants", I said.

"Yeah but it's like we're idiots still holding meetings in Cedric's remembrance and reaching out to people and comforting them and she moves on with the next famous guy", she said.

"Just because you all are loyal and good doesn't mean she has to be", I said.

Hannah looked flattered.

"Thank you", she said.

"Do you know Luna Lovegood? ", Dean asked.

"Yeah, I met her on the train. She's kinda weird though", I said.

"Shut up, Neville", Hannah said.

"What? ", I asked.

"You don't know her. She lost her mother and she is bullied by the whole school. She's called Loony Lovegood and all of the Ravenclaws corner her all the time", she said, almost shouting.

"I well I'm sorry", I said.

"It's okay", she said.

"I didn't know, okay? If I had known, I wouldn't have told anything", I said.

"I'm sorry it's just it's nothing. Let's go to the meeting", she said.

"Guys, did you notice that the guy who is running the Hog's head looks vaguely familiar? ", Dean said.

"Yeah yeah. But I don't remember who", I said.

"Same here", Hannah said. We talked for sometime and then all three of us went to the hufflepuff common room.