First day

I showered and changed and entered the common room.

I saw Colin and Dennis talking in the common room.

"Hi Colin. Hi Dennis", I said.

"Hi", both of them said in unison.

"All the best, Dennis for your first day", I said.

"Thanks", he said.

"And be careful. Any problem, let me know", I said.

He nodded.

"Where are Ginny and Euan? ", I asked Colin.

"Here", said Ginny and Euan who were now standing behind me.

"Let's go", I said.

I waved at the hufflepuffs and sat down at my table. I was halfway through breakfast when I noticed an owl pecking at my hand. I opened the parcel to see my divination textbook.

Dean and Seamus came running downstairs and gobbled down their breakfast. Then, we walked to the greenhouse.

"What happened? You look very happy", I said to Hannah who was beaming.

"Well, Cedric remembered her name. So she's on cloud nine", Justin said.

"Ernie, remember the time when you were standing on the railing to get near the Veelas in the Quidditch World Cup?", Hannah asked.

All of us burst out laughing.

Today we learnt about Bubotubers. It was quite interesting. We had to squeeze the pus out of them, it was used to cure acne.

"The pus? ", Seamus shouted. I was trying not to laugh. I didn't want to make a bad impression in front of the only teacher who thought I was average.

"Eloise Midget. She tried to curse her pimples off", Hannah said a bit loudly than she meant to.

"Silly girl", said professor Sprout.

"What do you have now? ", I asked Hannah.

"Transfiguration", she said.

"Oh okay", I said.

Dean, Seamus and I went to Hagrid's hut. Today, we were learning about Blast Ended Skrewts.

"First the pus then this", Seamus almost shouted.

Seamus was rather grumpy for the whole period and it had burnt Dean's hand.

Both of them were already upset and we had double Divination now.

Seamus, Dean and sat around a table.
Divination was pure torture but I managed to come out alive.

Ron and Harry were enjoying the whole time and Seamus and Dean were laughing too.

I didn't talk for the whole period. The dark mark had affected me worse than the others.

Everyone acted as though, it was just a mark but I didn't know why I felt as though something bad was going to happen anytime.

"You okay?", Dean asked.

"Just bored", I said.

Both of them smiled and continued their conversation. At times, I felt like I was third wheeling them. They were closer with each other than they were with me. I didn't know if it was my fault or their's. I felt as though they would be better without me and wouldn't care even if I wasn't there or something.

Maybe, it was my fault. I was hanging out with Ginny, Euan and Colin more than with them. Or with the hufflepuffs. It wasn't my fault, the hufflepuffs were more understanding.

"Neville? ", Seamus said.

"Uh? ",I said looking up at them.

"We've been calling you for like ten minutes", he said.

"Sorry", I said.

We came out of the classroom just in time to see professor Moody bouncing a ferret in his hands.

A lot of people were laughing at the ferret.

"What's so funny?", I said to which both Dean and Seamus shrugged.

We walked near Moody when professor McGonagall did a spell and the ferret turned into Malfoy.

All three of us burst into laughter. The laughter had cleared my mind and I was feeling better.

I didn't even remember coming into the common room. Trelawney had given us a lot of homework. I swear I was horrible at Divination. I was horrible at every subject, but Divination was worse.

"Let's start the homework", Dean said.
I nodded and all of us started randomly filling in our homeworks.