Halloween

I woke up around lunch, the next day. Ron and Harry were talking about something, the three headed dog probably. Dean and Seamus were playing a muggle card game. Hermione was reading a fat red book. Most of the Gryffindors were not in the common room.

Harry and Ron walked up to me. Harry gave me the remembrall. "Thanks", I said.

"No, thank you", said Ron and told me how Malfoy took the remembrall and Harry caught it and ended up being the seeker.

"Oh congrats Harry ", I said.

I walked down to the great hall. Dean and Seamus tried to engage me in a conversation but gave up after some time.

We ate and went back to the common room. I started doing my homework to distract myself.

Dean and Seamus thought that I was ashamed of falling from the broom and tried to console me.

We ate dinner and I fell asleep.

The next day, I woke up to see Dean and Seamus engaged in a game of wizard chess. Ron told me that Hannah had come around to see me. I will visit her after breakfast, I thought.

We ate breakfast and I headed towards the hufflepuff common room.

I saw Hannah and her friends laughing and joined them. We split up again at lunch. We did our homework, played and chatted. And after dinner, I climbed into our portrait hole.

The month passed without much event. Harry had become a seeker and was training regularly. Snape was as terrifying as ever. Classes were more interesting and difficult than it had been.

Soon, it was Halloween. There was a grand feast. The great hall was illuminated by hundreds of candles and pumpkins and bats were placed all over the hall.

In our Charms class, Hermione had told Ron how to levitate and been a bit bossy. Ron got angry and talked loudly about 'how she didn't have friends ' and called her a 'nightmare'.

Hermione was crying for a long time in the girl's bathroom. Ron seemed pretty upset when I told him that.

Life was almost ordinary until Quirrell came running into the great hall screaming, "Troll in the dungeon", and collapsed .