Exams and being pertrified

Dean and Seamus apologized to me the next day and I forgave them instantly.

We started our revision again, this time, we slept only for six hours and except the times we were sleeping or bathing, we studied all the time.

All of us were afraid of the exams.

We studied with the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. We had memorized all of our text books.

I was pretty confident about all our exams , except potions.

Snape intimidated me, to my own surprise. After my visit to the Forbidden Forest, I thought nothing would be more scarier. But I was wrong.

Even Malfoy didn't have time to humiliate me. Harry had circles under his eyes, probably because of exam nerves.

Dean, Seamus and I would often conduct quizzes and tests to check our
preparation.

There was only week left for the start of exams. None of us had time for anything. Even Dean and Seamus didn't have time to argue.

We had Charms as our first exam. We had to make a pineapple tap dance across the table. It was okay. My pineapple merely moved across the table, let alone tap dance.

Our next exam was Transfiguration, we had to transfigure a mouse into a snuff box, I tried but my snuff box still looked a bit like a mouse. I was upset, but at least it was over.

Our next exam was Herbology. I knew most of the questions and wrote it well.

After finishing Potions, Transfiguration seemed better. My Forgetfulness potion wasn't the same colour as everyone but at least Snape hadn't pointed it out and bullied me in front of everyone.

Our last exam was History of Magic, I wouldn't say it was very easy but it was way better than potions.

As soon as our last exam was over, Dean, Seamus and I went over to the Hufflepuff common room.

If I thought the previous party was cool, it was nothing compared to this party.

There were about three hundred people, jumping up and down in the dance floor. Few muggleborns formed a band and were playing muggle songs.

Professor Sprout was wearing a new dress and chatting with a few seventh years.

Hannah, Justin, Ernie, Susan, Dean, Seamus and I were sitting together in a group, and eating Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, with our eyes closed. Most of the flavours I tasted were horrible.

We played UNO cards which I was familiar with because of Dean and Seamus and muggle playing cards.

It felt as though thousands of cheering Charms were cast in the room.

I was introduced to Hannah's classmates -Wayne and Megan.

Few of the seventh years were crying on each other's shoulders.

This time, we ate food was prepared by the house elves. Half of them was muggle food and the other half was wizard food.

I wouldn't admit it but the muggle food was as tasty as the wizard food.

I recognized few of the first year Ravenclaws- Terry Boot,Michael Corner, Anthony Goldstein, Sue Li and Lisa Turpin.

They were playing a muggle game called Monopoly .

We talked the whole time, all of us skipped dinner and I was sure it was past midnight when we finally left.

We used Susan's invisibility cloak again, Harry, Ron and Hermione were sitting on a sofa looking worried. They didn't notice the portrait hole opening.

Dean and Seamus went to bed, straight away.

I sat on a sofa, at a corner of the common room, still under the invisibility cloak. I don't know why I was sitting and watching the fire, but I did. I was reflecting on the whole year. 

I heard Ron say, "Better get the cloak".

I tensed up. I thought they were talking about me.

But then Harry appeared in the room again.

They are going out again. I must stop them. I threw the cloak away and said
"What are you doing?"

"Nothing, Neville, nothing," said Harry, hiding something behind his back.

I stared at their guilty faces. I wasn't going to let them. We were in the last place and nothing could help us now.

But, if they went out now, they were going to get expelled.

"You're going out again," I said.

"No, no, no," said Hermione. "No, we're not. Why don't you go to bed, Neville?"

"You can't go out," I said, "you'll be caught again. Gryffindor will be in even more trouble."

I didn't care about Gryffindor, but all three of them were idiots, risking so much. Well, I too had taken a risk just now. But I wasn't going to let them.

"You don't understand," said Harry, "this is important."

I stared at him for a moment, what could be so important that all three of them were ready to be expelled?

"I won't let you do it," I said, hurrying to stand in front of the portrait hole. "I'll -- I'll fight you!"

"Neville, "Ron exploded, "get away from that hole and don't be an idiot--"

"Don't you call me an idiot!" I said. "I don't think you should be breaking any more rules! And you were the one who told me to stand up to people!"

"Yes, but not to us," said Ron in exasperation. "Neville, you don't know what you're doing."

Of course, I knew what I was doing.

I took a step forward and said "Go on then, try and hit me!I'm ready!" raising my fists.

Harry turned to Hermione.

"Do something," he said.

Hermione stepped forward.

"Neville," she said, "I'm really, really sorry about this."

She raised her wand.

"Petrificus Totalus!" she cried, pointing it at me.

I didn't know what she did but I felt like the rest of my body turned into stone. I couldn't make my body move. I tried to move, but I couldn't.

"What've you done to him?" Harry whispered.

"It's the full Body-Bind," said Hermione miserably. "Oh, Neville, I'm so sorry."

"We had to, Neville, no time to explain," said Harry.

"You'll understand later, Neville," said Ron as they stepped over him and pulled on the invisibility cloak.

I had never felt this angry in all my life. I was angry with Hermione putting a spell to turn me into stone, but more angrier with them for taking such a stupid risk.

"Why are they risking so much?", I asked myself.

I don't remember falling asleep in the common room, I don't remember Dean and Seamus finding me in the common room and carrying me to professor McGonagall.

Professor McGonagall did the counter curse and it was someone passed electric current through me. I was resting in the hospital wing when Dean and Seamus came in shouting.