Diagon Alley

"Neville, we have to go to Diagon Alley today", my grandmother said.

"Okay", I said and stepped into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

There was only a week of holidays left. I slept over at Dean's house once and at Seamus' house once.

Dean, Seamus, Ernie, Susan, Justin, Hannah and I had gone to a theatre once. Muggles were amazing, I realized it for the first time.

But, after Sirius Black broke out of Azkaban, none of our parents allowed us to go anywhere.

For the past three weeks, I had been confined to my house. So, when my grandmother told me to get ready, I was very excited.

"Neville, here's some Floo powder. Throw it in the fireplace and say 'Diagon Alley'", said my grandmother.

I stepped into the fireplace and threw some powder and said, "Diagon Alley ".

Green flames surrounded my body, I could feel myself swirling, until I finally landed in Diagon Alley.

"Neville, Black is still at large. We should buy everything fast and leave", my grandmother said.

I nodded and we stepped into Flourish and Blotts. We bought the required textbooks, new robes and went home. We returned home in few hours.

Even Diagon Alley wasn't crowded, all the shops were covered with Black's photos who had long hair and was holding the Azkaban sign, laughing maniacally. I shuddered at the sight and looked away.

I carried the books upstairs and started reading them. For the first time, I wondered how my grandmother was managing the finances. My mom and dad were pureblood and had some money, but for thirteen years, how was she managing?

We weren't rich but we weren't poor either. I had chosen 'Divination' and
'Care of Magical Creatures ' as electives.

Dean and Seamus had chosen it, so I choosed that too. I started leafing out my Divination textbook, it turned out to be pretty boring. Crystal balls, tea leaves, but atleast I had Dean and Seamus with me.

Care of Magical Creatures was better, full of dangerous and harmless creatures, but I didn't know if I would be good at it. Mind you, I wasn't good at anything.

"Why did Sirius Black break out of Azkaban now? ", I thought.

My grandmother hadn't let me read the article. She read it and burnt the paper, I wanted to know what was written about him. I didn't have an owl, so I couldn't ask anyone.

I sighed and started writing an essay.

The week passed without much event and soon it was time to leave to Hogwarts.