Aboard the Hogwarts Express -Neville

I was too anxious to remember my experience on the Knight Bus.

We reached the King's Cross station and my grandmother left to get me a trolley and helped me lift the trunk.

"Grandma, where is the platform? ", I asked, confusion written all over my face. The platforms 9 and 10 were visible but the platform 9 3/4 was nowhere to be seen.

"Neville,run straight into this wall and you will appear on the platform", she replied.Well, there is no reason for her to lie, I think to myself.

I nodded and pushed my trolley into the wall. I appeared on the other side in a flash. The Hogwarts Express was gleaming in red colour. I smiled involuntarily at the sight of the train.

I turned to see my grandmother standing on my side, smiling at the train wistfully.

"Neville, you'd better get on the train. There is not enough time", my grandmother said pulling me into a hug.

I hugged her back and lifted my trolley into the train.

"Your mum, dad and me, all of us were Gryffindors. Make sure you get sorted into Gryffindor too"she said.

I let out a low sigh and stepped into the nearest compartment. A girl was sitting all alone in the compartment.

Her blonde hair was pulled into pigtails. Her warm brown eyes was staring into a distance.

I cleared my throat. She looked up at me.

"Do you mind if I sit here?", I mumbled.

"No, please", she said gesturing to the seat opposite her.

"Thank you", I said.

"I'm Hannah Abbott ", she said, extending her hand.

"Neville Longbottom ", I say shaking her hand.

We soon begin to talk. She talks about her parents, which house she hopes to get sorted into, which quidditch team she supports and so on.

I too tell her about my parents and my grandmother, her expectations and so on.

I realize with a start that Trevor is missing.