Zayn for Alexis

Zayn's P.O.V.

I stared at the approaching gang. Sizing them up, studying them, looking for their weak spot. I quickly found it, or more liker her. Their pathetic excuse of a leader brought his baby sister. I chuckled slightly before turning back to my group. It was five against six, counting the girl.

"Okay, it's fair." I said, putting out my cigarette, "But don't touch the girl." I warned.

"They brought a girl?" my gang choursed.

I nodded, " And if I hear that one of you hit a hair on her little head-I mean little, she's tiny- you're dead. We don't hit girls."

They all mumbled their agreements, and I really didn't have to say it, but I did. We walked out  armed with busted bottles and switch blades.  I watched the girl, how they pushed her behind them, not paying attention to her. Her brown hair was pulled back, revealing brown eyes. She was cute.

Advancing I heard their shouts, "Why'd you bring the girl?" a chubby boy asked.

"Because I'm not soft like you Twinkie." she hissed advancing toward him.

He seemed taken aback ,embarrassed by the insult. He lifted his hand and was ready to take a swing, when I jumped in. I grabbed his wrist, connecting my jaw with his face.

There was fighting all around us, the little girl staring at me. Up close she was more beautiful. Her eyes narrowed. "What the Hell?'' she shouted, preparing to punch me.

"Easy tiger." I purred, feeling something shift inside.

"I could've taken him." she said trying to look tougher than her small frame allowed. She was fit though.

"Sorry for being a gentleman." I mused with a chuckle, fighting a random desire inside me. "You must not be used to that."

"Oh my God, they are not that bad." she warned.

She turned around, ready to go jump in the action, but I grabbed her wrist. I pulled her back to me, trying to breathe.

"Have any of those boys ever tried to take you out on a date? Show any interest in you?" I asked.

She stuttered, tripping over excuses. I felt time slow as I wrapped my arms around her. She pushed back, but I fought her surprisingly strong arms. I quickly punched my lips against hers. My eyes fluttered, but I could feel her hand raise to my cheek, but fall limp to her side. Her lips molded back around mine.

Pulling back, I smirked against her lips, "I'm Zayn."

"Alexis." she returned breathless.

"Why don't we ditch this place?" I suggested. Her eyes widened and flickered to the boys brawling behind me.

"Don't you need to help?"

I looked over my shoulder, seeing Harry  on the back of the chubby kid, pounding into his back."They can handle themselves." I grabbed her hand and lead her away.