Reckless Behaviour

Start from the beginning

“I will focus on Vincent after I eliminate Alpha Marsh,” I say determined. “I don’t think he will reject me anymore when he’s out of the picture.”

“You are to return home after the elimination,” he orders. “With or without a mate. I think he will be more interested in you if you stop throwing yourself at his feet. It’s time for you to leave now, I believe your mother is waiting for you outside.”

I leave the house more calmed down than when I arrived. My mother is indeed waiting outside the house, in the eerie garden with three sleepy triplets holding on to her legs. Their eyes are wide open and they attack me as soon as I step onto the grass.

I let them tackle me to the ground where they shout in joy while mother is watching them patiently.

“Did you come to tell us a goodnight story?” Tom wonders, clinging onto me for dear life.

“Soldiers, why are you awake?” I scold them. “You were sleeping so peacefully when I checked on you earlier.”

“I smelled you in my sleep,” Kate says.

“I heard you in my dreams,” Mary chimes in.

“I felt that you came home,” Tom says proudly.

“I sensed all three of those,” my mother speaks up. “Don’t think for a second that you can sneak around in my house without getting noticed, Princess.”

“Mother,” I greet trying to get up on my feet.

“Little Ones, let your sister go,” mother tells them sternly and they release me unwillingly, too tired to object.

I try to get on my feet but I fall back in exhaustion. “Oops,” I laugh embarrassed. The adrenaline is gone and I can finally feel how tired I am after the run.

“Don’t say you ran all the way here from River Hills,” mother sighs and helps me up.

“It took five hours, I think.”

“That’s completely insane.” She shakes her head and I have to agree. I was just so angry. “Let’s go home, children.”

Children, ugh. I guess I deserve to be called that after behaving so recklessly.

I feel my eyelids dropping and I’m completely content. I’m home again and I don’t miss my mate the slightest. I think I got a little bit carried away in my hunt for him. I should let him worry about me since I’m not going to school tomorrow. I smile at the thought of him staring at my empty chair. I need to call Carlie when I get home and cancel the early session, I think she will appreciate to sleep in a bit.

Our house is lit and we enter it to see father waiting for us. He doesn’t look happy but I run up to give him a hug anyway. He gives me a bear hug and I understand that I never will be able to live far away from here. I want to be surrounded by family.

The whole house looks torn apart. The Little Ones must have gone berserk here and it’s shocking to see how much they made a mess out of our home. It’s good that Ninjans have simple homes, it would never work to have them in a house like the Denwoods own.

“What was the point of waving you off at the train when you came running back home so soon again?” he says with a hint of anger in his voice.

“It didn’t seem right to continue on when I realised the game they set me up for,” I answer him.

“You don’t say,” father mutters. “Jason called about fifteen minutes ago and told me everything. I woke up to an empty house and my whole family gone. Then I felt your scent Princess.”