Ch. 2 If I'm a Werewolf Princess, why are Vampires making my life so difficult?

Ok. Keiko is Logan Browning

************

"Edmund! I'm ready now,' I scream. 

"Ok Keiko, get your battle stance ready! Are you ready," he asks.

My name is Keiko and I am a werewolf Queen-to-be. I am training to be as great as my father. I worry my father as we are not quite the same when it comes to personality or attitudes.One thing my father and I do agree on when it comes to ruling a kingdom is that love is the strongest bond to connect people of a nation. I am 13 years old, and I still don't have an imprint which is uncommon for royalty of my kind. 

Edmund is the young man who has sacrificed so much in order to assist me. If I do not find my person who will be bonded by the imprint before I turn 14, then I must marry Edmund. I have been friends with Edmund since I was 4 years old as per our tradition. His family has been intertwined with the royal family for generations according to the ancestors. He is one year older than me and that has made him believe he must always be more responsible, more mature, and more protective of me. I still find it unusual that he hasn't found his imprint yet, but I do not worry about it since my father has told me not to. I have never been out of my tribe. I have been to the Vampire village only once with my father. I remember the day well.

*Recap*

"Father, What do they have in town?," I asked.

 "Sweets and breads and clothes made for the mortals and vampires to use," he said.

"Well can I have some?" I asked.

"You are neither of those things," he responded directly. 

"Father, wouldn't this be a great learning experience for me? Can I at least get some bread?" I asked.

"We shall see on the way back, but only if you behave," he said.

"I always behave father," I replied. 

He smiled at me and said, "Yes I know my child, but this time I need you really quiet." I hate being quiet. If I wasn't meant to talk, why would I have a mouth? My mother told me because I need to eat, but I knew she understood my point so I let it go. 

"But Father," I squealed. 

"No buts! You must learn and listen today. Understand?" He looked at me with stern, yet loving eyes.

"Yes Father. I understand," I answered and with that we kept walking.

People turned to stare as our entourage of my father, myself, and four royal guards walked towards the center of town. Of course father could take care of himself, as he insisted the protection was for me. He also said it seemed more appropriate this way to show the Vampire King that he was no one to be messed with. 

These people lived...strangely. They aren't as in tuned to nature as we are. They have stones on top of the earth and concrete buildings in which to house themselves. We don't live in tents (well most of us don't) but we have respect for nature. The Vampire King has a stone palace as I am told while ours is beautiful crafted out of cypress wood. Vampires and Werewolves have never been friendly according to my ancestors. However, in recent years our kinds have avoided war because more harm would come from it than good. My father was simply here in order to...remind the Vamp King that the area west of the Creek Belongs to us. You see, mortals were continuing to cross our creek and that didn't sit well with my father. We Miyako werewolves have secrets that no one outside of the clan should know about. We weren't greeted immediately which I thought was extremely rude. Finally someone who held importance based on the way he dressed said, "Whom may I ask are you?" I was enraged! Could he not tell simply by looking whom we were? Luckily I remained silent. My father said polity, "I am King Darius of the Miyako werewolves. We are here to speak to your King." "Yes...of course," he said. He looked us up and down and said, "Well the king is in the throne room so you may speak to him there." He turned and showed us the way. Why did he look at us like we were beneath him? No matter. He would do best to only look and not speak. He told us to wait outside the huge door to seek permission from the King.