Ashton Hunter's Instagram Feed

A/N make sure you've read the full chapter before this!

ugh i'm so annoyed the punctuation glitch is causing problems for me and i really don't want to have to go through every single line and fix it like i did last chapter but if i have to i'll do it for you guys <3

good news; i managed to re-paste it and it worked! just copy it first in the sticky notes app then from there to wattpad and it pastes without the glitch!

please enjoy my brain ramblings

<.><.><.><.><.><.><.><.>

*Kaitlyn MacDonald*

I can barely drag myself out of bed for school the next day. Thank goodness it's Friday, though. I wince as I look in the mirror, noting the swollen bags under my eyes and the nest of hair on top of my head.

Let's go eat something instead.

I head downstairs, stretching as I pass the closed doors of my two brothers. My eyes involuntarily fill with tears as I think about how amazing they've been over the years. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

When I stumble into the kitchen, momentarily blinded by the bright lights, I'm shocked to see the clock read 5 am. Why am I awake?

I hear someone coming down the stairs, and I hide behind the island counter.

"Hello?" Jordan says. I stand up sheepishly. "Kaitlyn, what are you doing awake?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "I couldn't sleep, I guess. Why are you up?"

"My knee was hurting, so I came to get some ice." He heads to the freezer, but I shake my head.

"You go sit down, I'll get it."

"Sounds great. I love you, K."

"Love you too, J." I silently fill an ice pack and hand it to Jordan, falling into the seat next to him. We sit in silence for a few minutes, until he sighs and turns to me.

"Kaitlyn, what happened between you and Drew?"

I start. "How do you know something happened?"

"Well, first of all, there were wet splotches on the couch, surrounded by a bunch of crumpled tissues. I figured you had watched a sad movie, but then I didn't see any popcorn or candy wrappers. Sam said that you and Drew were downstairs, then he heard a little bit of yelling, a door shutting, and then someone, presumably you, running down the hall to your room." He shrugs. "I just want to make sure you were okay."

I sniffle a little bit, recalling the previous day's occurrences. "No, I'm not okay. I broke up with Drew."

"Why?" Jordan seems concerned, getting up to heat up some water for tea. I follow his lead and grab two mugs for him to put two tea bags in.

"He told me some things, and then wouldn't tell me some other things because he was afraid of me getting hurt because I was his girlfriend. So, I decided that if he wasn't willing to take a risk to be with me, then he wasn't worth it. So I broke up with him."

"Wow," Jordan whistles. "And you don't think you're in the wrong at all?"

"I mean, I know I'm a little bit at fault, but some of the blame definitely lays on him. I don't know," I sigh, watching the water bubble. "Maybe we just aren't compatible. That happens sometimes, right?"

"I wish I could tell you," Jordan replies, pouring the hot water into the mugs. "Peyton and I haven't burned out yet. In fact, I hope we never do."