The Party

A/N New chapter; let's goooooooooo

Thanks for all the votes and reads guys! It's so awesome that people like this :)

And now, your feature presentation. Please silence all cell phones.

<.><.><.><.><.><.><.><.>

*Kaitlyn MacDonald*

Drew and I are sitting on the couch in my living room, me on one end and him on the other. A chemistry book is open between us, and I'm helping him work through a packet on stoichiometry.

"So," he frowned, twirling his pencil in between his fingers. "You start with the given value... over 1?" He looks up at me for confirmation.

I nod. "That's right. Now in this problem, what is the unit on the given value?"

Drew looks back down at his worksheet before glancing up at me. He shrugs. "It has a little g next to the number, but I don't know what it means."

Oh boy.

I sigh before moving the book onto the floor and scooting over to where Drew is. Leaving a foot of space in between us, I push off thoughts of the kiss and his perverted ways in the interest of teaching him.

"Do you know what a unit is?" I ask.

"Um... not really?" Drew has the decency to look sheepish, and I sigh, my shoulders sagging. I guess my work is cut out for me.

<.>

Two hours later, Drew understood what a unit was and how to do stoichiometry. To say I'm proud would be an understatement.

We both get up after Drew packs his backpack, and I walk him out to the garage. We stand awkwardly for a few seconds, my hands in my pockets, before Drew clears his throat.

"Well, bye, I guess. Thanks." His voice seems distracted, and I assume he's thinking about Jean's party. I simply nod and turn to go back inside, when his hands grabs my wrist and turns me back around.

"Hey, nerd. You should come to Jean's party tonight. We can hang out together." I snort, ripping my hand away from his grasp.

"Yeah right, jerk. Just how many girls are you getting with?" He opens his mouth to reply but I cut him off. "You know what, never mind. I don't want to know. Just know that I will not get with you. Ever." With that, I spin on my heel and go inside, slamming the door behind me.

I sink down against the door, heart pounding. Why is it pounding? All I did was tell off a sexy, hot, conceited jerk more concerned with partying than passing his classes.

I get up and walk back to the couch, where I see Sam sprawled across the pillows. I shove his legs off and sit, sinking back into the cushions with a sigh.

"Rough day?" He asks, turning to glance at me.

"You have no idea."

<.>

*Drew McCarthy*

Kaitlyn slams the door shut, leaving me on her driveway.

Wow. I've never been rejected before. I decide I don't like the feeling.

While walking down to my car, I glance back up at Kaitlyn's house, catching a glimpse of her walking up the stairs through one of the large front windows. As if she senses me, her head turns and I see her eyes narrow before she flips me off.

"I'm hurt, baby," I drawl, even though I know she can't hear me. My heart twinges a little bit, but I ignore it, putting it down to stress. Kaitlyn means nothing to me, anyway. She's just tutoring me so my father doesn't disown me if I get kicked off the basketball team.