Two Teenage Boys Jamming Out to Taylor Swift

A/N Day 2 of 18. And with 25 minutes to spare :)

<.><.><.><.><.><.><.><.>

*Kaitlyn MacDonald*

The rest of the day on Tuesday passes uneventfully, except for my stomach hurts during study hall. A lot. I decide to go to the nurse's office and lay down, but she ends up sending me home instead.

I text Sam to let him know that I went home, and that he could get a ride home with Ashton. I text Ashton as well, seeing as I found his number in my phone over the weekend. It says that his contact was added on the night of Jean's party, which is curious. I don't remember seeing him there at all.

I get a quick response from both of them, a simply "okay". Saying goodbye to the nurse, I shoulder my backpack and head to my car, driving home quickly.

Once I pull up to the driveway, I park my teal bug quickly and run inside, shutting the door behind me before heading to the bathroom to take some Advil. I think it's almost that time of the month, and I couldn't be more excited!

Note the sarcasm.

"Kaitlyn?" calls out Jordan, who is channel surfing on the couch.

"What?" I call in response.

"Why are you home early? And where's Sam?"

"Sam's still at school, and I wasn't feeling well, so I left during 7th hour. I'm just going to take some Advil and sleep for a couple of hours. I don't have any homework anyways."

"Okay, feel better. Let me know if I can do anything for you." Brother goals.

"Will do."

I make my way into my bed and snuggle under the covers before falling asleep.

*Drew McCarthy*

After the counselor told me I couldn't switch tutors (there's nobody else who takes all these classes, Kaitlyn's the best fit for you), I asked if I could just stop being tutored and try to get my grades up on my own. Extra credit and sh*t, right?

But again, that was a no.

After that, I decided to stay for the last class period of the day, study hall. I don't know why, but I did. So now I'm sitting in the library next to Ashton and Blake, all three of us on our phones watching some early pre-season basketball stuff.

I keep casually glancing in Kaitlyn's direction, however, just to see how she's doing. I mean, she looked pretty beat up last hour when I saw her in the hallway. It really hurt to see her like that, but I have to put up a front of indifference with her. There are some people in my past that would go through her to get to me, and I don't want to compromise her safety by her being around me all the time. That's part of the reason why I wanted to switch tutors. Except now, that's not a choice anymore.

I'm so distracted by thoughts of Kaitlyn that I almost miss her leaving the library in a hurry. I follow her slim body with my eyes, watching the skinny jean- and long sleeve shirt-clad figure stride across the carpeted floor.

I'm tempted to call out to her, find out where she was going and why, but then I realized I had to distance myself from her. So instead of going after her like I wanted, I forced my head back down to my phone and watch some more basketball, but I'm not into it anymore.

Ashton's phone gets a text, and he reads it quickly before replying, a slight grin on his face.

"What was that?" I ask, curious.

"Kaitlyn, bro. She's not feeling well and went home, and she wants me to take her brother home after school today. I told her I would." He replies, locking his phone before Blake or I could get a glance at their conversation.