[21] Two Halves of the Same Coin

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I had trouble staring the jeep again. That things barley hanging on. I couldn't get in touch with Savannah, Lydia or Malia." Stiles said, walking towards Scott but he stopped when he noticed the look on Scott's face. "Scott?" Stiles looked at Scott confused.

Scott remained quiet, reaching into his jacket to take something out. Stiles eyes went slightly wide when he saw Scott pull out his wrench. The one he used to hit Donovan with.

"Where'd you get that?" Stiles questioned.

"Is this your's?" Scott asked, holding the wrench in his hands that he thought Stiles used to murder Donovan. Stiles slowly reached for the wrench, holding it in his hands as he stared down at it. He was feeling so many things right now he thought he was paralyzed. Then he thought to what Savannah said. Scott should hear the truth from Stiles before it gets worse or Scott might not understand..

Looks like she was right.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Scott asked quietly.

Stiles avoided Scott's stares at first. "I was going to.." Stiles said quietly.

"Why didn't you tell me what happened?" Scott asked.

"I couldn't."

Scott looked at his life long best friend in disbelief. "You killed him? You killed Donovan?"

"Well he was going to kill my dad. He was going to kill Savannah. Huh? Was I supposed to just let him?" Stiles questioned Scott, getting a bit angry at how Scott wasn't understanding. It was like he was accusing Stiles of being a murderer when he should know him better than that.

"You weren't supposed to do this. None of us are. You've seen what it's done to Savannah, are you telling me that this is what's best?" Scott said.

Stiles looked at Scott in disbelief, not believing what his best friend was telling him. Stiles couldn't believe that Scott wasn't understanding his reasoning. He couldn't believe that Scott was basically telling him to just let Donovan kill his dad and Savannah if it meant Stiles didn't have to kill him. "Do you think I had a choice?" Stiles asked, a certain hint of anger in his voice.

"There's always a choice." Scott said.

"Yeah, well, I can't do what you can, Scott. I know you wouldn't have done it. You probably would've just figured something out, right?" Stiles said, his voice raising.

"I'd try.." Scott said quietly, still looking at Stiles with a heartbroken look.

"Yeah, because you're Scott McCall! You're the true Alpha! Guess what? All of us can't be true Alphas! Some of us have to make mistakes! Some of us have to get our hands a little bloody sometimes. Some of us are human!" Stiles yelled, snapping.

Scott shook his head. "So you had to kill him?"

"Scott, he was going to kill my dad. He was going to kill Savannah too." Stiles defended himself.

"But the way it happened..there's a point when it's not self defense anymore." Scott said.

"What are you even talking about? I didn't have a choice, Scott!" Stiles said, staring at his best friend while wiping the rain from his face despite that it's still raining. "You don't even believe me, do you?"

"I want to.." Scott said, sadness in his voices.

"Okay, all right, so..believe me then. Scott, say you believe me. Say it. Say you believe me." Stiles said, practically begging his best friend.

Scott looked down at the ground. "Stiles, we can't kill people that we're trying to save." Scott said quietly.

Stiles just shook his head, staring at Scott. "Say you believe me.." Stiles said, taking a step towards Scott. But that's when Scott looked at Stiles a little scared, taking a step back as his eyes darted to the wrench still gripped in Stiles hands.