Lydia and Savannah arrived at the dance, it already getting in motion. The two best friends took a picture together, laughing and dancing with each other before they heard their names being called. Savannah turned, suddenly feeling out of breath as she watched Stiles approach the two of them. The sight of him took her breath away, it was like something out of a book or movie. 

"Hey. You guys look beautiful." Stiles complimented the two girls. 

"Stiles, you clean up nice." Lydia smirked, nudging Savannah in the arm. 

Savannah awkwardly coughed, nodding her head in agreement. "Y-yeah..You look good." Savannah smiled softly, feeling her face turning red from the side looks Lydia was giving her. She mentally prayed Lydia wouldn't leave her alone.

Annnnnd her prayers were ignored. 

"Well I am going to go powder my nose, you two..talk or dance among each other." Lydia said quickly, leaving before Savannah could protest. Savannah sighed, feeling a bit awkward. Her and Stiles hadn't talked to each other since their little "fight" if you could even call it that. Everything they said to each other was true; they weren't together so Stiles couldn't be jealous but that doesn't change the fact that those two are always going to want each other. 

After all; what's that saying? You can't be just friends with someone you're in love with. 

Savannah knows she feels something more for him, more than friendship, something she's never felt with anyone else before and frankly doesn't want to feel. But after she died, she knows, well can at least guess how hard it was for him. He grieved, struggled, and among all the pain and darkness.. he somehow managed to pull himself together even a little bit and try moving on. Even if she doesn't like Malia all that much, Savannah couldn't ignore the fact that Malia on some level, brought Stiles a bit of happiness. 

And for Savannah; his happiness was her happiness. 

She doesn't want to ruin that for him, with Malia or anyone else.

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight..well all the time really but.." Stiles coughed, breaking Savannah from her thoughts. She felt her face heating up as she nodded her head slightly, thanking him. There was an awkward silence between the two, only the sounds of other students and the light music playing in the background. 

"We let the waters rise, we drifted to survive

I needed you to stay but I let you drift away.." 

Then the song changed, it slowed down quite a bit. Savannah knew the melody that was playing as she recognized it as one of her favorite songs. Savannah was messing with her hands, feeling the awkwardness between them as silence was filling all around them. Even with the sounds, it still felt silent. At least until Stiles broke it up. 

"Wanna dance?" Stiles asked, smiling over at Savannah while offering his hand for her to take. "Come on, I know it's one of your favorite songs..Besides you promised to save me one dance." Savannah thought about it for a second, naming all the reasons it would be a bad idea. But she couldn't stop herself from nodding her head and lightly grabbing his hand in her's. Savannah wrapped her arms around Stiles, him keeping one interlocked in her's while the other rested on her waist. 

They were swaying back and forth to the song, and everything seemed simple. It was almost like everything that was happening in their lives wasn't anymore. Savannah had her head rested against Stiles chest, just listening to the sound of his heartbeat. It was a bit high but steady at the same time. It calmed her down, it kept her head on straight and it was instantly her favorite sound in the entire world.