Chapter 9; Sophie's Back

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Yeah I'm sure, it was you, you handed us each a coloured envelope and said 'thank you so much', then you walked away with your friend. James called after you but you turned, smiled, waved and continued to walk away." Brad finished.

"I think I'm going to go home now, i might catch my mum before she leaves." I said as I got up picking up my bag and walked towards the door. 

"We will find those letters Daisy!" Brad and James shouted.

"Bye! Thanks for today and I'm sorry for everything" I said as I opened the door and headed towards the car placing my sunglasses over my eyes. I turned the key and was about to swing the car round when I saw Connor stood in front of the driveway. 

"Shit. I nearly ran you over!" I exclaimed as he walked to the drivers side smiling. 

He handed me a slip of paper before waving and going back inside. I opened it up and saw their phone numbers. I smiled and swung the car round and headed out of the driveway. I finally managed to arrive home 40 minutes later after asking for directions from passers by and getting back into the town centre. It was 9:00pm and I'd just dropped mum at the train station. I got back to the house and wondered. Wondered how I'd cope without my mum for nearly a month when we were barely separated when she was home. I wandered into the still post it noted kitchen and fished about in the freezer for a pizza. I placed the pizza in the oven and set the timer just as my phone rang again, Brad's voice reaching my ears. I smiled to myself and went to answer it. 

"Daisy! How's your head?" 

It was Lily. I sighed as before I could answer she went on a full on rant about her day with Sophie and how she was staying at Sophie's that night. 

I felt jealousy creep over me, I knew Sophie and Lily had been best friends since birth and Lily had been so friendly to me when I first came to Birmingham and Sophie and I got on well, we all did together but Sophie had been heartbroken when Lily and her family moved to Brazil last year and Sophie changed school, it hurt me too we'd been friends for nearly four years when things changed, yet I couldn't help but feel sad at the prospect of Sophie and Lily being back together, what if Sophie didn't like me anymore and Lily stopped liking me too? They never excluded me before but what if things were different? What if Sophie didn't even recgonise me? What if Sophie still wasn't over her troubled past? What if? What if's began to run around my head chasing one another.

"How long is Sophie here for?" I enquired.

"She's back for good!" Lily nearly screamed down the phone. "Her dad got a new job so she's staying here now and so am I! Wait on sec, she wants to talk to you, here she is."  I heard her pass the phone to Sophie.

"Hi Sophie! How was the past year in London?" I asked faking a happy voice 

"It was great Daisy, honestly! I missed you and Lil a lot." She said sounding sad as she finished.

"You have us back now!" I replied 

"Well get your ass over here then!" She said laughing down the phone.

"I don't know if I should... Mum's gone away, do you two want to come to mine?" I asked nervously unsure of their reaction.

"Yeah okay that's cool, see you in soon." She replied hanging up the phone. 

The timer for my pizza had been going off for a while and knew the pizza would be burnt to a crisp. I pulled it out of the oven and looked down at the burnt mess. I threw it in the bin and opened my dominos app ready for when the girls arrived, grabbing a bottle of wine and some wine glasses to take into the lounge with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------