Chapter 64; The police

"Babe, the alarm's being going off for like 10 minutes." I said, gently pushing Brad, before reaching for my phone to turn off my alarm.

"5 more minutes." He said, burying his head into his pillow.

"No now!" I laughed getting up and going into the bathroom to get ready, grabbing the clothes I'd laid out the night before.

I had a quick shower before hopping out and running my brush through my hair, putting it up into a ponytail, then brushed my teeth. 

"Brad! Come on get up." I said, pulling the duvet off him.

"That was not cool." He pouted standing up and walking past me.

"You still love me." I winked kissing him on the cheek. 

Eventually Brad was ready. So much for going at 9:00am, it was now 9:30am. 

"Morning." I said, heading into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"Hey, have you spoken to Charlotte?" Sophie asked anxiously.

"No why?" I asked.

"She didn't come home last night." She said, biting her lip.

"Maybe she stayed at a friends or Connor's?" Brad suggested.

"Mmm." Sophie mumbled.

"Try not too worry." I said sounding stupid. "Keep trying to ring her, I will too, if she's not back by the time we're back we'll go searching." I said.

"Thank you." Sophie said softly, as I hugged her. "Where are you two off to?" She asked.

"We're just going to deliver somethings and Brad needs to buy some new shoes." 

"See you later, I'll ring you if anything happens." 

I nodded as Brad and I made our way out. 

"Brad."

"Daisy." 

"You don't think Charlotte's disappearance has anything to do with the letter we got yesterday?" I asked nervously.

"I don't know baby, I'm sorry." I said, slipping his hand into mine as we walked down the road. 

I didn't reply. After about 20 minutes we arrived at the police station.

"Hi we're just here to report something." Brad said.

"What are you here to report?" The constable behind the counter asked.

"We got an odd letter in the post." I said, as Brad handed it to me.

"Let me just fetch my sergeant." He said, leaving the counter and heading down a corridor.

Brad and I took a seat and waited for a few minutes.

"Hi, sorry, what can I do for you?" The sergeant asked as he came out of the door.

"That's okay." Brad said. "It's just we got this letter in the post yesterday and we just thought it was odd as there was a picture of us and some friends and it had been drawn on." Brad finished as I handed the man the photo and letter.

"Sorry for your loss?" The sergeant asked reading the card.

"We're just as confused as you." I said. "We also don't know if this is a coincidence as her face has been crossed out or not but our friend Charlotte didn't come home after work last night and it's not like her at all." I said. 

"Right okay. Can I take some details from you both about Charlotte? Also have you got an up to date photo?" He asked, leading us down a corridor and into an office.