25 | This One is for Me

My nervous fingers click one of my bedroom lights off by the door. The light by the nightstand is dim and leaves the room in silhouettes. The hours stretch and my gaze is drawn like a magnet to the backdoor of my bedroom. My busy fingers tie and untie my robe. A light knock against my door. Noah stands in the doorway in a Santa hat, shirtless, while snowflakes fall on his muscular shoulders. Better than a pizza order in a 70s porno. I stifle the giggle I want to let out badly.Bare chest with a careful smattering of hair. Hard flat nipples and a happy trail down to his belt. Santa just got an upgrade. Sexy.... So damn casually sexy.

Noah's half-smile is a new smile of his. Something I know I have to remember forever. It's infectious, that smile and his ocean eyes look at me without reserve. I love Noah, shy, not shy, happy, and joyous. I love Noah anyway I can get him, but this new Noah is unexpected. He walks up the steps to my back door, goes through, and shuts the cold air behind him when he closes the door. He throws his Santa hat at the bed behind me. Confidence shines in his intense focus, it's just us. And his rare eye contact is lavished on me. He drinks me in without hesitation. His cold fingertip comes under my chin, then tips it up. The giggle I was holding on to came out with a whisper. He catches it with his kiss.

Noah kissed me like he knew every inch of me. And I felt that hard pounding in my chest as my heart raced with the knowledge he knew every damn inch. Whether I wanted to admit it out loud fully to him, every inch of me was his. Maybe this is a one-way thing and I'm not pushing my expectations on him. I don't want to push him into something, but...

But damn it. Damn it. Damn it.

A big jumble of everything piles on and the kiss turns a little frantic. A salty tear mixed into our kiss. All the bitter twists with our tongues weaving the gentle sweetness out of the intimacy. Noah slows me down to his pace. He pulls back from me.

"Tell me what is wrong," Noah asks? His expression is filled with questions.

I love you. I have no idea where you are at. Where we are at. We are casually fucking, but everything is falling apart around me. I need you so goddamn bad. I need this one just for me, no matter what happens. And for once it's me that is lacking words. I couldn't dump that on him.

My shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. Noah's confidence slides from his eyes. That was something I didn't want him to lose. The moment seems too fragile as we balance on the edge. I give him a watery smile. Then wrap my arms around his thick body, burying my head on his bare chest. Smelling that ocean and woods smell of Noah.

We stay together interlace at the moment, on the edge of something in silence together. It cocoons around us in a bubble, slowing time.

He wraps his arms around me, humming. The sound fills the silence. Noah rocks with me in his arms and the world shrinks. The fear of the choices of tomorrow becomes tiny.